E-MU 0404 vs 0202 (USB Versions)
Dec 18, 2006 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rob187

New Head-Fier
Unless I'm missing something the main difference between these two seem to be a little more power in the 0404...that, along with the price. I don't mind spending more on the 0404, even if it's only a little better, but does someone with experience with these two have anything to say about them?

Also, if anyone's interested I found the lowest prices for the 0404's at: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/331300.html

Dec 18, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by crystal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you go to EMU's web site?

The last time I looked, all the specifications on these
units were there.

I did look at the site. If you read my question I was looking for someone who had experience with these. But thanks for the smartass reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by educator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Full compass has a great price but it says in the add:

"Usually ships in 1-2 months"

That's quite a wait.

Yeah I noticed that... blows
frown.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 10
Sorry rob187 if I came across that way, I'm sorry.

I own the 0404 USB and I'm very pleased so far. You can see my comments on a recent thread.

I bought the 0404 because it has phantom power and soft limiter, larger level meters, MIDI in/out and the AKM DAC.

Lots of software too!

Again, those are my personal needs and wants for a home studio/HiFi setup....your mileage may vary.

I haven't done an A/B comparison of sound quality between the two.

Don't worry, be happy......
280smile.gif

P.S. I think I'm done editing!

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Sorry rob187 if I came across that way, I'm sorry.

I own the 0404 USB and I'm very pleased so far. You can see my comments on a recent thread.

Sorry, guess I didn't phrase my question well enough. I know the 0404 has some better specs, I've looked at that. I was just curious if anyone had compared their sound quality.

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cris.rodrigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crystal,

Do you ever experience any fatigue on the ears with the 404?

Just curious.

Not at all so far.....but keep in mind I've only had it for a few days.

It doesn't have an "in your face" sound to it....more delicate and flat.

Keep in mind that I've been doing all of my listening on AKG K240 DF Studio Monitors.....again your mileage may vary.

I did try a pair of ear buds and the soundscape eroded along with the detail, so I won't be using those except when I'm out and about.

It does drive the earbuds to a much higher volume level than the full size headphones, but that is to be expected.

I would say as a general rule with the calibre of equipment that is coming out these days, that an excellent pair of headphones is essential....no shortcuts here, I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back