E-MU 0404 USB vs. M-Audio MobilePre USB
Jan 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

barksdale

Head-Fier
For a while now I have been using a first generation M-Audio MobilePre USB.  I have been using it with my HD598 headphones and also using the line-in to plug in my electric guitar and bass guitar.  The quality seems good but I don't notice a huge difference over onboard sound.  I can however crank the volume higher now if desired, which is nice.

Just last week I managed to find an E-MU 0404 from a garage sale.  Now I know both of these interfaces are quite old, but the E-MU 0404 was very popular back in the day.  The E-MU 0404 has a lot more features but I doubt I will use them.  It also requires a power adapter where as the MobilePre is powered via USB.

Does anyone here experience with either product? I am wondering if I will get better sound quality through my headphones if I use the E-MU 0404?  Maybe there are some tweaks I can do?

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 2
Anybody have an opinion?  I realize both these interfaces are quite old, but I know the E-MU 0404 was very popular back in the day.  I am just curious as to which is better of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back