E-MU 0404 USB, use without a PC
Oct 30, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't power the unit off running in standalone mode, no. GSawdy was wondering if his system would reset to 44.1 if he had a power outage. It would.

Basically, if you wanted the system to record in 24/192 unconnected to a computer, you need to leave it running all the time. If the power is cut for some reason, it will default to 44.1. I can't find documentation explicitly stating that it resets to 16/44.1 over 24/44.1, but I presume it resets to standard redbook sampling. Mine seems to when I kill the power.

Thank you Sherwood. I think you've answered my question. 44.1 would be ok, not ideal but ok. I think I need to investigate v1.2 of the software. I guess EMU would be able to send it. George

Dec 15, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #17 of 17
I am posting this so that future folks will have the complete and final answer to using the 0404usb after power outages.

I got an 0404USB to try out and it didn't work. Darn thing doesn't remember the Direct Monitor Output setting when it loses power, so every time it turns on it comes up to no-audio on the SPDIF output. Hence trip to the basement is required. It *does* remember the sample rate, at least at 48kHz.
So I think I will try a Behringer SRC2496 next. Anyone want a slightlly used 0404usb?

Thanks to all who offered help--I just didn't know how to ask the right question! George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back