E-Mu 0404 USB Help, no sound, freezes while trying to play audio
Sep 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hanus

Head-Fier
Hey
As the thread-title say, I have some problems with my e-mu 0404 usb.

the problem: sound suddenly disappears while listening to audio, does not come back until I have restarted the computer X times..
Probably a driver issue, but it is reoccurring, so reinstalling the driver does not work for me..(it helps sometimes, but thats probably only because of my restarting of the computer after installment)
also: all the software I try to play sounds trough freezes up when I try to listen to it.. for example: when I try to open opera, it freezes, but not until (for example) youtube starts playing

other: I also had some problems with clicking sounds from the e-mu 0404 after X hours of use, but that only happend two times, and I solved it by resetting the soundcard, and It hasn't done that for a few days.

Last thoughts: sorry for being inaccurate and stuff, but Im writing this in a hurry, had to finish this before I leave for a 7 hour roadtrip..

Hope some of you know what I should do, cuz this is really annoying me, because when my emu 0404 dies, then the rest of my setup dies, cuz its all connected to said soundcard

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 4
oh, sorry, cant believe I forgot that

I'm using Vista 64bit

and the driver works if I uninstall the driver before I reinstall it, but only for a few hours\days before the problem reappears..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back