E-MU 0404 install with X-Fi XtremeMusic
Aug 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fiz

Head-Fier
I recently picked up an E-MU 0404 PCI for music listening through my Audioengine a5's and my various headphones + amp, but for the life of me I cannot get my X-Fi to play nice with the card (or possibly the other way around). Both cards work flawlessly when installed stand alone without the other in the system, but when I install both at the same time I get a BSOD at boot after installing drivers (I can remedy this by going into Safe Mode and uninstalling the X-Fi drivers).

I install the E-MU drivers first (won't work the other way around) and then install the X-Fi drivers, all seems well before the first reboot with both card drivers installed. After the first restart I get the BSOD with a random Stop message (no mention of a driver issue). My system is rock solid stable and I can reproduce the BSOD on key after installing drivers (so I know a conflict with the two cards is causing the issue).

I use Vista 64 and I have tried the beta 0000 and most recent 0004 drivers for my X-Fi, I cannot seem to find any other drivers other than the ones currently up on E-MU's site.

I have also found this blurb in the readme from E-MU - "This software is incompatible with the Creative X-Fi family of products. The X-Fi device must be removed from the system before installing the HotFix." I know however that many people have used a X-Fi and E-MU card in the same system, if anyone has experience with these two cards in Vista 64-bit, or Vista 32-bit, please help!

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Well

i had the same problem with my 0404 and my audigy 2. There was a thread somewhere on here.... waaaay back in the day that got the two to play together, however you had to install them in a specific order.

However that was with XP, but i bet the problem is the same.

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 5
I used my Audigy2ZS with my 0404 in XP for years but gave up on trying to make them work together in Vista. I ended up just putting the 0404 inside my web server (which is right next to my main computer), runs great on Windows Server 2003! It basically just functions as an external DAC in that situation and I run everything out of my Audigy2 ZS digital output.

Aug 16, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 5
I gave up; broke down and got a HT Omega Claro+ for my music listening needs. Honestly trying to get the 0404 and my X-Fi working together put a sour taste in my mouth pertaining to Creative's drivers/software.

Aug 16, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #5 of 5
thats why i just use the usb 0404 usb, lol

sorry to hear the difficulties were not solved though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back