E-MU 0202, Total Bithead, or iBasso D2 boa?
Nov 23, 2008 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

The_Terminator

Head-Fier
Hi Folks,
I have been searching, researching, and learning all that I can from these forums, so thanks to all those who contribute.
I am looking for a solution to the following situation and was wondering if I could get some advice:

I listen to music during work on my work laptop and was wondering what my best route to a more enjoyable experience would be. Based on what I have learned here, I think I would be best served by one of these:
1) Total Bithead
2) E-MU 0202
3) iBasso D2 Boa

I use mostly Westone UM-1 and Senn 555.
I listen to a lot of contemporary Jazz, movie soundtracks, acoustical music, R&B, house, Dance, Pop, etc., but hardly ever any: heavy metal, rap, grunge guitar style stuff.

I listen to mp3's out of itunes and/or windows media player. most of them are my own rips from cd's using EAC/LAME with VBR V2 settings as recommended on the Hydrogen Audio forums. So they are pretty high quality mp3s.

I thought I was looking for a DAC/amp combo that was in my price range (under $200) but honestly, I have read so much on these forums that I have a case of analysis paralysis.

Can anyone help me with some recommendations? Am I even on the right track with the three choices that I've figured out above?
I appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Mark

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 3
I would go for the Boa. I have the Total Bithead and the Boa. I use the Boa with my Dell Mini at work and my ESW10JPN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back