e-infin SE846 are fake
May 8, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 32
Judging from those photos, they are definitely not fakes.

The only known fakes circulating the internet are these:
https://www.qoo10.sg/item/SHURE-SHU...IVER-BASS-SOUND-ISOLATING-EARPHONES/450800262
yes i know, terrible.

Plus, that's e-infinity (a well known grey importer with a good reputation). I'm yet to see an established grey importer sell actual counterfeit products. I've seen dodgy practices such as unsealed packaging, but never fakes.

As always, if they sound real, they probably are (since major compromises are made to sell fakes at significantly cheaper prices).
I have been in touch with Shure Australian distributor (Jands) after sending them the same photos they said they are grey imports and not covered by warranty however they are genuine Shure product which was good to know, as stated earlier the way these sound there is just no way they are fake.

May 8, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #18 of 32
lol. I'm curious as to whether the grey market seller gave you a refund that you mentioned they had offered.
They offered refund but I didn't send them back after Shure confirmed they are genuine.

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #21 of 32
So we can conclude that the se846 sold by e-infin are 100% legit, and just have 1 year less warranty and are not officially supported by shufe?
That’s my conclusion

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #22 of 32
That’s my conclusion
I hope it is because i am very serious about buying them
Because they are much cheaper here. I think a lot of people already bought these se846 from this store but the fact that some people say they sound exactly like the real ones, it probably is. i have heard some people say some fakes ie800 sound almost exactly like the real ones. That’s why i wanted to know if they are 100% the same product and not 99% since it costs 600€ still.

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 32
I hope it is because i am very serious about buying them
Because they are much cheaper here. I think a lot of people already bought these se846 from this store but the fact that some people say they sound exactly like the real ones, it probably is. i have heard some people say some fakes ie800 sound almost exactly like the real ones. That’s why i wanted to know if they are 100% the same product and not 99% since it costs 600€ still.
There will always be room for doubt, it’s the price you have to pay, for paying the lower price.

Jun 22, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #25 of 32
I have been in touch with Shure Australian distributor (Jands) after sending them the same photos they said they are grey imports and not covered by warranty however they are genuine Shure product which was good to know, as stated earlier the way these sound there is just no way they are fake.
I am interested to know how does Shure comes to the conclusion that they are genuine by just those 4 pics. Something must be obvious to them that you can’t replicate any of those parts in those pics. Maybe the conclusion that they are 100% genuine is here.

Jun 22, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #26 of 32
I am interested to know how does Shure comes to the conclusion that they are genuine by just those 4 pics. Something must be obvious to them that you can’t replicate any of those parts in those pics. Maybe the conclusion that they are 100% genuine is here.
Shure didn't actually say what it was that convinced them that my pair of SE846 are genuine but perhaps you are correct maybe there is something obvious to them in my photos. This is going back a while for me now but the impression I got from them is that they have had other inquiries by people that purchased from e-fin, perhaps they have seen a pair from e-fin in the flesh and know from past experience that these are a grey import? Either way I'm very happy with my SE846 and have no regrets whatsoever. I'm currently in China on holiday and had a chance to give them a good workout on the plane paired to my AK70MK2, sound quality is superb!!!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #27 of 32
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if a convincing SE846 counterfeit can be made, they're popular and clone parts are very available.
Shell is easy
Filters are just knowles filters in a metal tube IIRC.
Chinese companies started offering clones of popular BA drivers, performing close to the originals for much lower prices.
The crossover shouldn't be too hard.
I've seen the mechanical LPF cloned too.

I'm no SE846 expert though.

Where can you find clones for anything?

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #28 of 32
Shure didn't actually say what it was that convinced them that my pair of SE846 are genuine but perhaps you are correct maybe there is something obvious to them in my photos. This is going back a while for me now but the impression I got from them is that they have had other inquiries by people that purchased from e-fin, perhaps they have seen a pair from e-fin in the flesh and know from past experience that these are a grey import? Either way I'm very happy with my SE846 and have no regrets whatsoever. I'm currently in China on holiday and had a chance to give them a good workout on the plane paired to my AK70MK2, sound quality is superb!!!
ok thank you for your feedback. Can you tell me if it comes with the yellow foams and inside original transparent box ? then for sure it is genuine.
9961485.jpg

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #29 of 32
ok thank you for your feedback. Can you tell me if it comes with the yellow foams and inside original transparent box ? then for sure it is genuine.
9961485.jpg
Mine were the Asian version which doesn't have the clear case however all other accessories such as the yellow tips are supplied. The packaging that mine came in is exactly the same as retail version in Australia. E-fin are now supplying the new version of the SE846 which has the wireless Bluetooth cable supplied with it, however the cable only supports SBC codec and not the superior in terms of sound quality AptX or AptX-HD codecs.

Jun 24, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #30 of 32
Mine were the Asian version which doesn't have the clear case however all other accessories such as the yellow tips are supplied. The packaging that mine came in is exactly the same as retail version in Australia. E-fin are now supplying the new version of the SE846 which has the wireless Bluetooth cable supplied with it, however the cable only supports SBC codec and not the superior in terms of sound quality AptX or AptX-HD codecs.
Thank you it's gonna be my next buy just hope the se846 are very realiable otherwise i know that if i have a problem with them i'm next to done lol, i have heard people that send this products to warranty from eglobal and e-infinity they never heard from them again, even though they have a 1 year warranty lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back