Dynalo in my future?
Mar 10, 2006 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NeilR

500+ Head-Fier
I have built a Millet and M3 for desktop use, both Steps powered. I also built a Portable Pimeta but that is not part of the equation.

I've been reading the Dynalo threads and I am wondering what this might add to my "collection". Not sure if I am trying to talk myself into it or out of it, so any and all opinions would be appreciated. The idea of a fully discrete design intriques me, I guess. Or mybe I just have gottabebuildinsomthinitis?

Regards,
Neil

Mar 10, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 6
I'd say go for it. A Dynalo is pretty much at the other far end of the spectrum from both the Millet and the M3. I consider it a cheap way to get a taste of the classic discrete SS Class A sound. I mean, in the worst case you'll just end up selling it if you don't like the sound. However, I vastly perfer it to my Millet. ou just can't know for sure until you built it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 6
You know you want to.
evil_smiley.gif

I have a Millett and A Dynalo. Things that I enjoy listening to on the Millett, the Dynalo reveals as being horribly recorded or encoded, but a good recording sounds fantastic and super detailed on the Dynalo. The Millett is a camera lens smeared with vaseline- all the girls look great. The Dynalo is a microscope.

Mar 10, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 6
eVITAERC - Why do you say the Dynalo is "at the far end of the spectrum from ... an M3" ? A Millet I understand- tubes vs SS is a no brainer. It's the M3 that makes me think twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back