Dynahi questions (which item to buy?)
Mar 28, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kruemelix
any proposals for a good 47pf cap as I am ordering all the items at the moment?

Digikey 399-4472-1-ND or Mouser 80-C410C470J1G

Quote:

The Senns have about 600 Ohm, right? The L3000 has 24 Ohm :wink:

HD600 is 300Ω.

Mar 29, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #17 of 18
another question: In case the Dynamight is way too loud - is it possible to add a second voltage divider after the first (just an On/Off Switch) with about 10 - 15db attenuation? Or shall I primary try to reduce the gain as low as possible?

EDIT: is a metal chassis important because of EMF shielding? or can you build your Dynahi also in a wooden enclosure?
(all transformers are Avel Lindberg encapsulated ones)

Mar 29, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kruemelix
another question: In case the Dynamight is way too loud - is it possible to add a second voltage divider after the first (just an On/Off Switch) with about 10 - 15db attenuation? Or shall I primary try to reduce the gain as low as possible?

As I already said, there is a limit of how low you can go with the gain on this amp. Adding another voltage divider at the input is detrimental to the S/N ratio.

You have to ask yourself, why an amp like a dynamight when you're using headphones that needs almost no amplification? The dynamight is really more appropriate for a much different kind of headphone (one that needs lots of voltage swing).

Quote:

is a metal chassis important because of EMF shielding? or can you build your Dynahi also in a wooden enclosure?
(all transformers are Avel Lindberg encapsulated ones)

This depends on how much EMI there is where you are. It's a good idea to keep the power transformer as far away from the amp boards as possible to prevent hum, but there may be other sources of electrical interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back