DXC Store & my LCD2
Mar 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

debitsohn

Headphoneus Supremus
Went to DXC today to pick up my LCD2. this was my first audio experience ever.  never been to a meet or another store like this ever. 

He has a ton of headphones to try and while i was waiting for the FedEx guy with my LCD2, i took a listen to a couple headphones that i had interest in, the Edition 8s and the Grado PS1000.  We were expecting the delivery to come about an hour later so I was just sitting there listening to the Ed8 and grado but to my luck, FedEx came early!  Had he come about an hour later, my 45min-1 hour drive would have easily turned into a 2hour 30min drive home.  

I really enjoyed my time there (albeit short) and i really respect what Mr. Park is trying to do there.  I imagine its tough having a storefront with dozens of demos when there are strictly online companies and websites like amazon to take sales.  Thats why i chose to purchase my LCD2 from DXC instead of waiting another week or so for my waitlist to be fulfilled.  I truly feel more people in So Cal should take advantage of what DXC is offering.  Bring your DAP or/and favorite CD and he has equipment there for you to use.  Some may feel this is a wasted thread and its just taking up space, but the way things are going in our world, we may end up without places like this that offer demos to try out.  Mr. Park is a very nice person and may seem a bit withdrawn but i think its because of a slight language barrier he may have. 

Go there, take advantage of what hes offering and if youre so inclined, purchase from him.  I dont know how many more purchases ill be making in this hobby as im almost at my perfect setup, but i hope i can offer DXC some more business.  Thank you Mr. Park!

and my LCD2 back at home.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #9 of 14
I also had a great experience with DXC Store, I bought my Edition 8s from Mr. Park.  I visit the LA area a few times a year, so it's a great resource to have a store like that with so many great headphones, amps and DACs available for audition. 

I agree that brick-and-mortar stores that have a liberal demo policy should be supported, since I'm sure it's a very costly business and it's hard to compete with prices offered by online-only stores.  But for me, the fact that they're an authorized dealer and have a physical presence is well-worth the small premium you might pay over an online store--and with the discounts and sales they offer from time to time, DXC's prices may be as good or better than what you can find online.

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #14 of 14
I wanted to stop by in the Fall when I was interested in the T1 vs HD800. One reason Sennheiser gives for protecting their HD800s selling price is to allow B&M stores to compete with online retailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back