DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
May 16, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #407 of 1,444
excellent review!
just 1 thing to add,and something that i really appreciate with this player.
the 320max does not get boiling hot,with the 4xrohm like my 2xrohm cayin n8ii did.
so,carrying in my pocket is a joy,and i do not worry about overheating,like i did with n8ii rohm....

May 16, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #409 of 1,444
excellent review!
just 1 thing to add,and something that i really appreciate with this player.
the 320max does not get boiling hot,with the 4xrohm like my 2xrohm cayin n8ii did.
so,carrying in my pocket is a joy,and i do not worry about overheating,like i did with n8ii rohm....

If Cayin took the same "MAX" sizing and construction approach with N8ii versus making it as compact as possible with NuTubes, perhaps it would be less of a hot plate. Unless you're wearing cargo pants, you're not pocketing your MAX.

May 16, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #410 of 1,444
If Cayin took the same "MAX" sizing and construction approach with N8ii versus making it as compact as possible with NuTubes, perhaps it would be less of a hot plate. Unless you're wearing cargo pants, you're not pocketing your MAX.

Mine is actually my pocket more than not , usually in lounge type shorts. You won’t be sticking this in any Jean pockets that’s for sure.

May 16, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #411 of 1,444
Damn there is already 2 maxes on classifieds and I'm still waiting for mine. Lol

May 16, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #413 of 1,444
Max is out for delivery! Excited to see how it stands up to the N8ii and if it's enough to take it's place.
I don’t think it is even in the same league 🥲 but it is just that I take little differences to be as weighty as a mountain though.

Especially the little to zero heat generated, that is a pure winner for me

May 16, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #415 of 1,444
Do you guys seriously go around with a $3000+ piece of gadgetry in your pocket? :scream:. Let me know which tube car/bus you're taking on a regular basis:sunglasses:
I put my DX300 Max on a wee rucksack or other portable pouch (e.g., a Fitly pack) and even then I'm quite nervous when going out.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #416 of 1,444
I hate UPS. Damn bastards didn't even attempt to deliver but now sent it to a drop off location.
They have done that to me 2 times. The last time I was so pissed that I finally got through to UPS (it is horrible) and they had the driver redeliver. No knock, nothing and I am 20 feet from the door! Happened also to RSA Audio when I sent in my A-10 to be updated. I called UPS and made the driver redeliver the same day. Ray told me the driver was very upset, too bad! They are really getting lazy.

May 16, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #417 of 1,444
Do you guys seriously go around with a $3000+ piece of gadgetry in your pocket? :scream:. Let me know which tube car/bus station you're taking on a regular basis:sunglasses:
I put my DX300 Max on a wee rucksack or other portable pouch (e.g., a Fitly pack) and even then I'm quite nervous when going out.

lol A one point I was carrying like $14k around. I work in the DTES at night. I get by on the fact that no one has a clue What I'm carrying so not much of a target. It's easier with IEM's then big cans.

May 16, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #418 of 1,444
They have done that to me 2 times. The last time I was so pissed that I finally got through to UPS (it is horrible) and they had the driver redeliver. No knock, nothing and I am 20 feet from the door! Happened also to RSA Audio when I sent in my A-10 to be updated. I called UPS and made the driver redeliver the same day. Ray told me the driver was very upset, too bad! They are really getting lazy.

Yeah they tend to do that a lot with me. Hard to find parking out front so they just mark it as not home. Frustrating. UPS is especially incompent here. Requested redelivery so hopefully tomorrow now.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #419 of 1,444
I hate UPS. Damn bastards didn't even attempt to deliver but now sent it to a drop off location. Lazy poops likely couldn't find parking so they didn't even bother
Yep.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #420 of 1,444
Do you guys seriously go around with a $3000+ piece of gadgetry in your pocket? :scream:. Let me know which tube car/bus station you're taking on a regular basis:sunglasses:

LOL definitely not me, I don't pocket anything. I use a Van Nuys VE291 to lug my DAPs around with/out C9 and IEMs around the house.

IMG_2417.jpeg

For more protection while commuting, I ordered a Van Nuys D896 with carry handle to stash in my backpack.

d826_09.jpg
d826_11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back