DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
May 12, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #376 of 1,444
Completely agreed about how the 320MAX can be comparable to 300B based desktop system. Together with the excellent tuning and voicing, I have no doubt that it is the perfections I have been seeking for all along. This is just too good to be true. However, when we speak about preferences rather than references, people can always say, their preferred system will outperform the 320MAX :)
Often the differences are so small that, if you consider how adaptive the human hearing is, they disappear after a few seconds. My reference desktop unit is RME ADI-2 Pro 2/4. It replaced my (now sold) T+A HA200 which costs more than 3X its price and I never looked back. I prefer above all colorless systems and absolute clarity and neutrality is my goal with both HP and the source, and the ADI-2 Pro 2/4 is exactly that which can be proven both subjective listening tests and objective measurements. Today after I woke up with fresh ears directly compared the MAX to my absolute reference with DCA Expanse, and frankly the difference is negligible. I again had it confirmed by a second set of ears and the conclusion was the same. I can happily stay away from my reference, just pick up the MAX and forget about any difference that would anyway fade away after a while.

Here is the track I used:

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #377 of 1,444
Often the differences are so small that, if you consider how adaptive the human hearing is, they disappear after a few seconds. My reference desktop unit is RME ADI-2 Pro 2/4. It replaced my (now sold) T+A HA200 which costs more than 3X its price and I never looked back. I prefer above all colorless systems and absolute clarity and neutrality is my goal with both HP and the source, and the ADI-2 Pro 2/4 is exactly that which can be proven both subjective listening tests and objective measurements. Today after I woke up with fresh ears directly compared the MAX to my absolute reference with DCA Expanse, and frankly the difference is negligible. I again had it confirmed by a second set of ears and the conclusion was the same. I can happily stay away from my reference, just pick up the MAX and forget about any difference that would anyway fade away after a while.

Here is the track I used:

Especially when you weigh in the practicality of it. IMO, my desktop system disappeared 😂. It can’t beat taking my 800s to my backyard, and or the park, and driving it effortlessly

May 12, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #378 of 1,444
Agent #004 checking in for duty. 1.5tb micron microsdxc is doing nicely and I have some work to fill it up :)

I have been listening for about 10hrs to this point and already loving this beast. I can see and hear what others have described about the Rohm dac chips and I think I have become a fan.

I did have a question about what the dsd filter is and what it does because changing it from low, medium or high setting to my ears does not seem to do anything.

20230508_192314.jpg

20230509_183805.jpg

May 12, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #380 of 1,444
Super nice build quality, and I love the case!

First impressions are super positive, more than enough power for SR3! The sound is really dynamic and punchy, need to do some burin in and allow my own mind to settle in with the sound. The dynamics those have is crazy good, the presentation is very different from other DAPs, seems very similar to DX320 too, but more mature. As I said, very first impressions.

It is smaller than CA1000T, lighter too. This is almost DAP level size, I can comfortably travel with it with a side bag, CA1000T is just for indoor usage, too large.

344274554_552925123685324_8491751865862030275_n.jpg

May 12, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #381 of 1,444
I will always be impressed by how Ibasso includes a burn in cable. Makes things so much easier, really wonder why more don't copy that.

It's patented by iBasso, can't be copied.

j/k :D, yes, those are great for a silent burn in. Always made me wonder why Sony with their requirements of 250hrs per port (and a time counter in settings which changes the color once you reach the target time) never implemented something similar. Just one thing to keep in mind since I had people in the past pinging me about it. If you want to find out battery life at full charge, use your IEMs, not this passive-load burn in cable. The battery drain with burn in cable will not give you the accurate battery life.

May 12, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #383 of 1,444
That's a cool feature. More should copy that, or least add a way to show how much use the device has had. Also would be nice if we had a way to show number of battery cycles used as well.
Aren't there apps for that? I use them on my Mac computers. Should be many for Android devices.

May 12, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #387 of 1,444
Agent #004 checking in for duty. 1.5tb micron microsdxc is doing nicely and I have some work to fill it up :)

I have been listening for about 10hrs to this point and already loving this beast. I can see and hear what others have described about the Rohm dac chips and I think I have become a fan.

I did have a question about what the dsd filter is and what it does because changing it from low, medium or high setting to my ears does not seem to do anything.

I'm pretty sure the DSD filter is only for DSD files.

May 12, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #388 of 1,444
The 320MAX is to undigital and analog it is very surprising. No digital glare, no auditory signals other than analog sound that is very live. Great fun with no wasted time, wishing it could be better.

May 12, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #389 of 1,444
Hello, new member here and happy new owner of MAX #112. My first question is about charging the batteries. Is it ok to charge them together at the same time, or do I have to charge 1 at a time? And I take it as usual with a new device like this, I want to fully charge both batteries to 100% for the first charge?

Been listening to my dx320 for almost a year now and it is incredible. I can't wait to get to know the 320MAX! Thank you!

May 12, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #390 of 1,444
Hello, new member here and happy new owner of MAX #112. My first question is about charging the batteries. Is it ok to charge them together at the same time, or do I have to charge 1 at a time? And I take it as usual with a new device like this, I want to fully charge both batteries to 100% for the first charge?

Been listening to my dx320 for almost a year now and it is incredible. I can't wait to get to know the 320MAX! Thank you!
Same time is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back