DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 5, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #9,841 of 10,344
Is it possible to see what is playing in the lock screen notification? I'm using Mango on Android..

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #9,842 of 10,344
Is it possible to see what is playing in the lock screen notification? I'm using Mango on Android..
It should automatically show this, but you can also have it show album artwork in the background if you want to.

20230605_083116.jpg

Jun 5, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #9,843 of 10,344
The notification does not appear and the artwork in the background does not suit me.
Notifications on the locked screen cannot be set as on classic Android. I do not understand why..

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #9,844 of 10,344
Haha, I have a few marks on my dx320x as well.. agree it's well loved and agree TPU cover really helps. The leather cover now sits in the pretty box :D
Unfortunately TPU is not designed for 320X, the fit is just disgusting. And there is no craft leather covers neither.
For a regular shape 300/320 the fit of TPU covers is perfect that protects really well DAP, but the main reason why they are best: there is no unwanted button clicks comparing to the leather one experience, where all the damt times I press any single key while I'm putting my DAP into caring bag.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #9,845 of 10,344
The notification does not appear and the artwork in the background does not suit me.
Notifications on the locked screen cannot be set as on classic Android. I do not understand why..
In "security & Location", once you have "Screen Lock" type set, you will need to enable "notifications" for the "Lock Screen Preferences".

I believe that you can turn off the artwork as background on lockscreen in the Mango app settings.

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #9,846 of 10,344
Hello, hoping someone here can assist with an issue I am having with my dx320 running the late fw. I have a WD easystore 4tb external drive connected via a dragon black USB c to usb micro b cable. For some reason the dx320 doesn’t see many of the albums stored on the WD drive. It can see the folders that I created for each album but can’t see the tracks inside the folders. What’s strange is, there are many albums it can see and play. I am unable to discern a pattern with what the dx320 can see on the WD drive and what it can’t. If I disconnect the drive and reconnect it, it seems to recognize and not recognize the same albums. Meaning, the albums I am unable to see, I am always unable to see regardless if I disconnect the drive and reconnect it. Any thoughts?

Jun 6, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #9,847 of 10,344
Balance Control Query

When the dial is all the way to the left, should only the left channel more or less be audible and visa versa ? This would seem logical from decades of experience and traditional but the labelling of the numbers makes it unclear (eg. L-10 when only L a is audible)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #9,848 of 10,344
Hello, hoping someone here can assist with an issue I am having with my dx320 running the late fw. I have a WD easystore 4tb external drive connected via a dragon black USB c to usb micro b cable. For some reason the dx320 doesn’t see many of the albums stored on the WD drive. It can see the folders that I created for each album but can’t see the tracks inside the folders. What’s strange is, there are many albums it can see and play. I am unable to discern a pattern with what the dx320 can see on the WD drive and what it can’t. If I disconnect the drive and reconnect it, it seems to recognize and not recognize the same albums. Meaning, the albums I am unable to see, I am always unable to see regardless if I disconnect the drive and reconnect it. Any thoughts?
I have been doing some additional testing and the only pattern I can identify is that albums that I have added to the drive recently, it can't see, but albums I added months/years ago, it can see and play just fine. This really has me baffled. I figured that I was possibly coming up against a limitation within Android once a certain number of files were present. I proved that to be incorrect because I removed a ton of working albums from the drive and it had no impact. I landed on the "date in which I added the albums to the drive" theory by doing the following.: I re-add an album that WAS working and once I added it (to a different location on the drive), I wasn't able to see the files from the version I just added but could play the files from the version that was working all along...anyway, hoping someone has come across this and has a possible solution.

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #9,849 of 10,344
I have been doing some additional testing and the only pattern I can identify is that albums that I have added to the drive recently, it can't see, but albums I added months/years ago, it can see and play just fine. This really has me baffled. I figured that I was possibly coming up against a limitation within Android once a certain number of files were present. I proved that to be incorrect because I removed a ton of working albums from the drive and it had no impact. I landed on the "date in which I added the albums to the drive" theory by doing the following.: I re-add an album that WAS working and once I added it (to a different location on the drive), I wasn't able to see the files from the version I just added but could play the files from the version that was working all along...anyway, hoping someone has come across this and has a possible solution.
This may be completely off, but do you rescan your library with your DAP's music player every time you add new files to the storage location?

Jun 7, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #9,850 of 10,344
This may be completely off, but do you rescan your library with your DAP's music player every time you add new files to the storage location?
Thanks for replying,, Poganin. I do not rescan. The reason being, it takes FOREVER to scan through the 1.8tb and often times, the battery on my dx320 completely drains before the process completes. I don't have a way to power the DAP and the OTG drive at the same time.

In an unrelated note, is there a way to sort albums by track number when playing from the OTG drive? On the drive itself, the files are sorted by track but once I connect it to the dx320, it defaults to track title and sorting by track number does not appear to be an option on dx320.

Jun 7, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #9,851 of 10,344
I do not rescan.
There's your answer, then. For the player to see all files, it needs to scan the data storage whenever something changes. In Neutron, you can specify multiple folders, so you don't have to scan EVERYTHING every time. For example, I listen to a lot of Japanese music from the 70s and 80s, so I have each genre as a separate folder so I don't have to scan all of my Japanese music every time I find something new.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #9,853 of 10,344
Thanks for replying,, Poganin. I do not rescan. The reason being, it takes FOREVER to scan through the 1.8tb and often times, the battery on my dx320 completely drains before the process completes. I don't have a way to power the DAP and the OTG drive at the same time.

In an unrelated note, is there a way to sort albums by track number when playing from the OTG drive? On the drive itself, the files are sorted by track but once I connect it to the dx320, it defaults to track title and sorting by track number does not appear to be an option on dx320.
All you have to do is go to the folder and open the new download. It will be scanned in at that time. If you add 3 albums, then go to each album and open it. It is fast and easy.

Jun 7, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #9,854 of 10,344
Forgive me, I am not familiar with Neutron. Are you saying you use a different music app on the dx320 than the Mango player?
Yes, that's right.

Jun 9, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #9,855 of 10,344
So yesterday I ordered a DX320 brand new from a UK store with a decent discount for open box, browsing the classifieds there are a number of these for sale now and most have an amp module included for around the same sort of price I paid for new without one. Have I made a mistake here, is there a certain module that would make buying a used version more recommended based on whatever the module adds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back