DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 23, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #4,711 of 10,347
Seems like the engineers tried to fix your sensitivity issue and veered to the other extreme. Rest assured knowing it is no longer an issue with the DX320 :relaxed:.
Very interesting! They must have tweaked it in the hardware side, otherwise you would think that the DX300 would have seen the same update?!

LOL yeah it is no longer an issue with (my) DX300 either... :)

Jul 23, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #4,713 of 10,347
A noob question regarding the Monarch MK2… 🙂 I’ve tried to remove the cables from the shells but gave up since even applying a lot of force didn’t make them move at all. Am I overseeing something here? 🤔 Thanks in advance for your help. 🙏
It’s more than pulling; try pinching too.
Get a firm grip with thumb and index finger. As you pull straight up also pinch at the same time, as close as you can, right where the plug sits flush to the socket. Doing so should require less overall upward pulling force

Jul 23, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #4,714 of 10,347
Oh, you guys are in for a nice surprise :wink: Just had a chance to preview the upcoming DX320 fw, and the magic of the OG fw with its resolving layered dynamic sound and a big holographic soundstage is back! The tonality of mids is not as lean as in OG, somewhere between OG and the last (3rd) fw release, giving you resolution and musicality, but with a little less coloring. And the same applies when testing with amp13. Regardless of 3.5mm SE output (of amp13), that soundstage is huge, so you can live with a small adapter, like those ddhifi 4.4mm to 3.5mm :D Tested it with Jewel and FT cable.

Jul 24, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #4,715 of 10,347
Oh, you guys are in for a nice surprise :wink: Just had a chance to preview the upcoming DX320 fw, and the magic of the OG fw with its resolving layered dynamic sound and a big holographic soundstage is back! The tonality of mids is not as lean as in OG, somewhere between OG and the last (3rd) fw release, giving you resolution and musicality, but with a little less coloring. And the same applies when testing with amp13. Regardless of 3.5mm SE output (of amp13), that soundstage is huge, so you can live with a small adapter, like those ddhifi 4.4mm to 3.5mm :D Tested it with Jewel and FT cable.
My hopes are up then :) Btw I'm not on latest fw anymore, but did you ever feel the newer fw was more spherical in soundstage?

Regarding the mids, do you mean upcoming fw has more resolution than OG fw?

Did you notice anything regarding the bass?

Jul 24, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #4,717 of 10,347
My hopes are up then :) Btw I'm not on latest fw anymore, but did you ever feel the newer fw was more spherical in soundstage?

Regarding the mids, do you mean upcoming fw has more resolution than OG fw?

Did you notice anything regarding the bass?

The OG fw is 2.00.xyz, 2nd fw which people were not too crazy about was 2.01.xyz. The latest released fw is 2.02.xyz, great sounding, but a bit warmer, smoother. The upcoming fw is 2.03.xyz.

Based on what I'm hearing, 2.03 is as resolving, layered, dynamic as 2.00 and has the same big soundstage. I'm hearing mids in 2.03 to be not as lean as in 2.00; mids in 2.00 sound a bit too lean to my ears. The tonality of mids in 2.03 is somewhere between 2.00 and 2.02, having a bit more body and organic texture in comparison to 2.00, but less coloring than 2.02. Also, 2.03 soundstage sounds wider and more holographic (imaging) to my ears than previous 2.02.

Furthermore, not sure if that was a problem people talked about before, but I checked 2.03 playing YT videos, and video and audio are in perfect sync.

Jul 24, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #4,718 of 10,347
It’s more than pulling; try pinching too.
Get a firm grip with thumb and index finger. As you pull straight up also pinch at the same time, as close as you can, right where the plug sits flush to the socket. Doing so should require less overall upward pulling force

There is no way you will break it unless you are the monster of destruction :expressionless:

Thanks for the tips and encouragement.🙏

Thing is that I have to pull really hard, up to a point where it hurts my fingers. I’m wondering how on earth it can withstand such a force, just with friction on 2 small pins, so I suspected some kind of locking system. But if there is no such thing, I’ll give it another go then. 🙂

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #4,719 of 10,347
Thanks for the tips and encouragement.🙏

Thing is that I have to pull really hard, up to a point where it hurts my fingers. I’m wondering how on earth it can withstand such a force, just with friction on 2 small pins, so I suspected some kind of locking system. But if there is no such thing, I’ll give it another go then. 🙂
Hehe I know someone said don't wiggle it, but I personally do shift the tension slightly between each pin and edge it out when it's stuck super tight because you don't want to pull full force since only a machine can guarantee a straight pull with full force. That's probably how some ppl rip off their pins. When stuck super tight, I recommend very slightly shifting the tension while imagining you're shifting each pin straight out. It's always worked for me anyway :p

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #4,720 of 10,347
Oh right, one more reason you don't want to wiggle it too much is you don't want to have the resin shell start cracking and wearing out before the pins do. So if it's not stuck, I just pull the 2 pins in one go. If it's stuck, I try to wiggle almost straight and evenly with both pins so I don't wear down the resin shell.

Jul 24, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #4,722 of 10,347
Thanks all for your thoughts and advices.👍

The idea of contacting Thieaudio crossed my mind but I’ll decide first if I want to change the cable or not. If yes, it should be removable. If no, it’s best firmly attached. Meanwhile it keeps me occupied how two such small pins can resist such force and how they’ve mounted these connectors in the first place? 🤔🙂

Sorry for the off topic and thanks again! 🙏

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #4,723 of 10,347
Thanks all for your thoughts and advices.👍

The idea of contacting Thieaudio crossed my mind but I’ll decide first if I want to change the cable or not. If yes, it should be removable. If no, it’s best firmly attached. Meanwhile it keeps me occupied how two such small pins can resist such force and how they’ve mounted these connectors in the first place? 🤔🙂

Sorry for the off topic and thanks again! 🙏
Suppose it's stuck because of glue or whatever residue
Never read anyone having this trouble removing a cable from an IEM ?
Not even from a $ 5.00 KZ
There's 0.75mm and 0.78mm but finally both fit each other
Personally do you think it's normal ?
Sent them back so you can clear your mind and start enjoying the replacement pair ... 🙏

Jul 24, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #4,725 of 10,347
oh they are interchangeable? that'd be great cause someone else misled me to think it will damage the IEM when we force it in.
Both fit both
But it's definitely not recommend if you swap cables all the time !
Difference is only 0.03 mm
Probably inside tolerance of both as well since it's +/- 4%

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back