DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Aug 19, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #5,566 of 10,347
Dam. Now i will have to buy it. Viper4android!!
Viper4android doesn't work on these DAPs IIRC. I wanted to do it on the DX160 also and found that it doesn't work. I can't remember why atm (maybe because basically the whole system bypasses the android libraries, which I think viper4android uses). Can't hurt to try though. If you get it working, let me know because I miss it...:)

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #5,567 of 10,347
Viper4android doesn't work on these DAPs IIRC. I wanted to do it on the DX160 also and found that it doesn't work. I can't remember why atm (maybe because basically the whole system bypasses the android libraries, which I think viper4android uses). Can't hurt to try though. If you get it working, let me know because I miss it...:)
Whew 😮‍💨. now I'm not so tempted. thank you!

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #5,569 of 10,347
Nice recomendation, as long as it has a UAC-1 fallback mode it should work fine with the PS5.

I've also looked at the JDS Labs Element II/III

Ok I will stop with the PS5 talk now, back to the DX320 that is coming to me today 🙂
You can stop with the ps5 talk.

Now if you were talking about pc gaming, u can talk until your face is blue 😁

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #5,570 of 10,347
So I got a DC06 as suggested by many here and God damn, this little thing is amazing. Sounds better than my other 3 times more expensive DACs !

@Paul - iBasso Just wanna say thank you for all the amazing products. So far got the DX320, AMP13 and DC06.
A small suggestion: For the next portable DAC/AMP please include a volume wheel ! :)

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #5,576 of 10,347
So I got a DC06 as suggested by many here and God damn, this little thing is amazing. Sounds better than my other 3 times more expensive DACs !

@Paul - iBasso Just wanna say thank you for all the amazing products. So far got the DX320, AMP13 and DC06.
A small suggestion: For the next portable DAC/AMP please include a volume wheel ! :)
That's true! IBasso is a hell of a company. I would also like to thank @Paul - iBasso for the IT07!
I ignored them for a while when purchased the Monarchs but with an upgrade cable- gold/copper/silver they scale like crazy showing an amazing potential. What a bass, space and atmosphere...

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #5,577 of 10,347
That's true! IBasso is a hell of a company. I would also like to thank @Paul - iBasso for the IT07!
I ignored them for a while when purchased the Monarchs but with an upgrade cable- gold/copper/silver they scale like crazy showing an amazing potential. What a bass, space and atmosphere...
Maybe that is why I never put mine down. I have been using the DUNU DUW-02 modular cable since the beginning.

Edit: Though mine is the older model (twisted rather than braided).

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #5,578 of 10,347
Maybe that is why I never put mine down. I have been using the DUNU DUW-02 modular cable since the beginning.

Edit: Though mine is the older model (twisted rather than braided).
Nice cable!
You should give a try to something with gold included. I think this added some specific organic/clear quality to the sound.
I would like to try a pure gold or silver/gold with them. The space gained some hard to describe magical effect. Even with very busy songs, there is a noticeable space around each instrument and vocal. The stage seems unlimited, especially in depth.
With the M8 the bass is on the level of stationary rigs dedicated to speakers. The depth and layering give me goosebumps. I can hear the lowest sub bass, higher sub bass, lower mid bass at the same time.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #5,579 of 10,347
Nice cable!
You should give a try to something with gold included. I think this added some specific organic/clear quality to the sound.
I would like to try a pure gold or silver/gold with them. The space gained some hard to describe magical effect. Even with very busy songs, there is a noticeable space around each instrument and vocal. The stage seems unlimited, especially in depth.
With the M8 the bass is on the level of stationary rigs dedicated to speakers. The depth and layering give me goosebumps. I can hear the lowest sub bass, higher sub bass, lower mid bass at the same time.
That sounds fantastic! :)

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #5,580 of 10,347
Nice cable!
So in my opinion you shouldn't spend so much money on cables. Better take the money in hand and decide on an Amp 12 mod with ADA 4625. As far as I know, Steve has already found replacements on the same level as the Solen silver capacitors. These sound impressions that Rigatio describes you can easily get with the ADA op amps And with a cheap cable like the original Monarch MK II. This sound gain is really impressive. I was just listening to Patricia Barber. Upright bass, bass guitar, drums or cymbals. The hair on the arms stand up. It comes across so awesome with power and dynamic it's madness. A damn big sound stage, very deep and holographic. Great layering and everything so natural and organic. Oh I don't even know how to describe it. Man must have heard it. In any case, I now hear sounds that I have never heard before. In this combination, the Monarch unleashes its full potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back