DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Mar 25, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #1,636 of 2,804
What do you mean by "full" support? I think it works fine for me.
I forgot the setting but I recall someone told me to allow it to work via Android in settings to give DAC access. I found I no longer had a need for it with the DX240 since Qobuz plays HiDef from the native app and I can stream local material in HiDef via apps like Hiby. I've removed it so can't check the setting but it worked as it should once that was done. iBasso worked out a native parallel path on their own.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #1,637 of 2,804
DX240.jpg

Just a minor update on how I'm getting along with the DX240.

Not sure if this player has benefitted from even more hours of burn-in during time spent since the review or my ears have become growingly accustomed to its' tender charms, but the slight midrange edge I spoke of seems to have rounded off slightly leaving behind a listening experience that's less fatiguing over the course of many hours.

Yesterday at work I was listening to the Mo-Fi SACD rip of Heartbeat City I'm fortunate enough to own. What I love about DSD/DSF albums is they seem to have less digital glare than even 24 bit FLAC versions - after comparing this to 24/192 Cars albums there was no comparison, there's a certain 1bit smoothness that's very evident when you go back to FLAC. Of course it doesn't hurt that Heartbeat City's one of the greatest albums of all time with nary a weak track in sight. I only recently discovered Mutt Lange produced it which makes perfect sense in hindsight - so who wins the ultimate 3-way Mutt Lange shootout between Heartbeat City, Back In Black & Hysteria? Absolutely no wrong answers there and one could do a lot worse than spend an evening listening to all three back-to-black... err back-to-back.

The thing you'll immediately notice from the photo is how perfect the DX240 form factor is. I can't harp on about this enough, it just feels perfect in the hand and yes there's nothing stopping me using a bigger player when I'm desk-bound (even an M17 to test out how sturdy the desk is) but something that fits in one's hand so snugly is a joy to use, not a cumbersome brick I'll question purchasing whenever picking it up.

No regrets giving the DX240 a 4.5/5 rating. Not perfect because battery life isn't as insane as my SR25 or Sony DAPs, but when you factor in sound quality, size & price it's impossible to beat right now.

Mar 30, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #1,638 of 2,804
Apr 1, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #1,639 of 2,804
Purchased the DX240 & Amp8mk2 yesterday, should arrive early next week...........................in black.
One question regarding the burn-in process, am I above to leave the charging(power via wall socket) on while burning?

Apr 1, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #1,641 of 2,804
Purchased the DX240 & Amp8mk2 yesterday, should arrive early next week...........................in black.
One question regarding the burn-in process, am I above to leave the charging(power via wall socket) on while burning?
Just do a few battery cycles. It does not need to be powered from the network; this adversely affects the battery.

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #1,643 of 2,804
Thanks to all.
It is hard on the batteries to run them all the way down. I just use portable and when at home on the charger and get very good battery life. I burn in using the charger and a normal volume while burning in.

Apr 1, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #1,644 of 2,804
It is hard on the batteries to run them all the way down. I just use portable and when at home on the charger and get very good battery life. I burn in using the charger and a normal volume while burning in.
I tend to agree with your assessment. A dap is really no different than a phone or laptop, when the wall socket is handy use it, otherwise go batteries on the move...and yes continuously running the batteries down to zero is no good longevity wise. I might email iBasso to get their take on it though.

Apr 1, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #1,645 of 2,804
I tend to agree with your assessment. A dap is really no different than a phone or laptop, when the wall socket is handy use it, otherwise go batteries on the move...and yes continuously running the batteries down to zero is no good longevity wise. I might email iBasso to get their take on it though.
+1

Apr 4, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #1,646 of 2,804
Apr 4, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #1,647 of 2,804
Oops

I think i posted my morning pic in the old and dead dx240 thread

948E2E30-21F4-422F-AE98-D3860BD8AE9D.jpeg

Adding some tubry goodness into the mix…

iBasso DX240/amp8EX, iBasso Max cable 4.4mm to 3.5mm, ALO Continental V5, FiiO 4.4mm to 3.5mm(F) adapter, Double Helix Cable (Symbiote SE V4) and Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold w/ Xelastec tips

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #1,649 of 2,804
turned on my dx240 for the first time in a few months as I am returning to office tomorrow. I cant get APKPure to work? It wont install or update anything and I delete a few apps to reinstall cause it wouldnt update, and now they are gone. Anyone know what the issue is? I also just updated the firmware to the newest version.

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #1,650 of 2,804
turned on my dx240 for the first time in a few months as I am returning to office tomorrow. I cant get APKPure to work? It wont install or update anything and I delete a few apps to reinstall cause it wouldnt update, and now they are gone. Anyone know what the issue is? I also just updated the firmware to the newest version.
I would do a factory reset. It normally clears up issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back