DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Jan 26, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,336 of 2,804
I have heard the directional influence but when I burned in the cable at the opposite direction, it became the same after a number of hours. And it depends upon the conductor. Dead soft silver, changing the easiest and my preference.
I've found the same but in some instances not getting all the way there. So much in audio is voicing so I tend to concentrate on res and PRAT when it comes to goodness. Silver doesn't always work but I sure like it in IEM cables when the earphones suit. :relaxed:

Jan 26, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #1,337 of 2,804
I've found the same but in some instances not getting all the way there. So much in audio is voicing so I tend to concentrate on res and PRAT when it comes to goodness. Silver doesn't always work but I sure like it in IEM cables when the earphones suit. :relaxed:
With good silver, dead soft, which I started using in the 90s and then other caught on, I have never found it not to work but it has to be the right silver and done correctly.

Jan 26, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #1,338 of 2,804
With good silver, dead soft, which I started using in the 90s and then other caught on, I have never found it not to work but it has to be the right silver and done correctly.
I don't disagree but we all suffer some confirmation bias and may discard a piece of kit we haven't interfaced correctly because it doesn't fit a particular system environment. Not at all implying that you're doing this. :relaxed: I often see reviews wher the common mode is to replace one piece in an existing system when that system has been optimized with what has been replaced. I guess I should stop. Not the thread for general audio discussion.

Anyone know when we get the new UAPP build will be out?

Jan 26, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #1,339 of 2,804
Reagrding the DX240 digital coax connection ....

Does the DX240 come with a full length coaxial digital cable or is it just a jumper/adapter that you need to add a cable to? I have the 220, not the 240 but never used digital coax out from the 220. I think the 220 just included a short jumper/adapter cable. It's still in the box somewhere. Also, is it a 3.5mm 3 pole plug for the 240? The Fiio adapter was a short 3.5mm 4 pole to rca female. I ultimately built my own cable for the Fiio rather than use the adapter.

Jan 26, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #1,340 of 2,804

Does the DX240 come with a full length coaxial digital cable or is it just a jumper/adapter that you need to add a cable to? I have the 220, not the 240 but never used digital coax out from the 220. I think the 220 just included a short jumper/adapter cable. It's still in the box somewhere. Also, is it a 3.5mm 3 pole plug for the 240? The Fiio adapter was a short 3.5mm 4 pole to rca female. I ultimately built my own cable for the Fiio rather than use the adapter.
It comes with a short cable. I would imagine most people buy what they want in the length they need. I make my own.

Jan 26, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #1,341 of 2,804

about 6" mini to rca.

Jan 26, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #1,344 of 2,804
I make my own as well. Is the 3.5mm plug a TS, TRS or TRRS ?

Thanks
It doesn't matter as you are only using the tip for the signal and the S, sleeve for the ground. I normally use either TS or TRS.

Jan 26, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #1,345 of 2,804
It doesn't matter as you are only using the tip for the signal and the S, sleeve for the ground. I normally use either TS or TRS.
Thanks.

Fiio used the sleeve and ring 2 (bottom ring). Just for kicks, Fiio connects shield to ring 2, signal to sleeve. It also works "flipped" by the way (don't know whether there would be a sonic penalty or not). This was with the Fiio X5iii. Don't know if they continue to do it like this.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #1,346 of 2,804
Is a factory reset still considered absolutely necessary after a firmware update? I have never had any residual bugs with any DAPs I've owned, Android based or otherwise, but it seems to be common practice.
I doubt that too. It would be a pain to reinstall all apps again.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #1,347 of 2,804
Is a factory reset still considered absolutely necessary after a firmware update? I have never had any residual bugs with any DAPs I've owned, Android based or otherwise, but it seems to be common practice.
For DX240, I just bought it without install anything at all. Android system seems normal, but when I switch to Mango OS it just drained my battery from 71% to 40% within 3 hrs. I did not play any music, I just installed the MicroSD card, and scanned the files. I was a bit panic. Luckily, after watched the review video, I factory reset it.
By the way, when I booted to Mango OS before factory reset, I could never go to Settting-> System Info, it just froze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back