DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Jan 5, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #1,173 of 2,804
How much? I'll have to look. I would love a 4.4 but don't want to pay 215 dollars for amp 8.
About£145, not sure if its worth it considering we're waiting for new ones for dx240, but i couldn't wait, it'll be a collection again..then Cayin will start too🤣😂😂

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #1,174 of 2,804
About£145, not sure if its worth it considering we're waiting for new ones for dx240, but i couldn't wait, it'll be a collection again..then Cayin will start too🤣😂😂

Yes lol. Well in your case especially it makes sense. Cayin just announced a flagship with tubes and r2r. But I was looking for a smaller mid priced r2r from them 😉

I do wish I would have jumped on that used one on Amazon though.

Jan 5, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #1,175 of 2,804
I ordered amp8 on Ali again😅 while waiting for original amp module to go to ibasso for repair
Happy to hear that Ibasso didn't require the entire DAP to be shipped back to them. At least you can still enjoy it while the stock amp is in for repair. Assuming, of course, that Amp8 isn't going to take that long to get to you.

Jan 6, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #1,180 of 2,804
I like stocked Ibasso Mango Player but the key feature missing here is the button to add tracks to top/bottom/next of 'now playing' list. Hope Ibasso implement this in the future.

Jan 7, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #1,182 of 2,804
I thought the EX was a specially made limited edition. According to your link, these are games with replacing capacitors according to the principle - the larger the capacitance and the more expensive, the cooler the sound will be. Oh, these audiophile games to hear what is not.
The only one who did something sensible there is Plutonim, the rest is children's games.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #1,183 of 2,804
I thought the EX was a specially made limited edition. According to your link, these are games with replacing capacitors according to the principle - the larger the capacitance and the more expensive, the cooler the sound will be. Oh, these audiophile games to hear what is not.
The only one who did something sensible there is Plutonim, the rest is children's games.
Some will be more successful than others but the true EX was a limited edition and I doubt iBasso would bother doing them in house if a fail. Caps do change the voicing and I've always preferred electrolytic to tantalum in supply paths. Personally, I was surprised by the Silmics as they tend to be very warm in supplies but perhaps it's what voiced well in that circuit.

Jan 7, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #1,185 of 2,804
Owners of dx240 tell me if you hear background noise (hiss), even a subtle squeak, when paused. You can hear it on 1mk3 and on amp8 with sensitive headphones like Andromeda at high gain. You can hear it less on pure Mango.

It's a pretty quiet dap, pretty much everything hisses with Andromeda especially on high gain. Plus there's really no reason to run it on high gain for them or most iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back