DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Dec 16, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #1,007 of 2,804
I don't agree with you on this. I don't hear unnatural highs. You may have hearing that emphasizes this, I of course do not know but my hearing is extremely good and tested to 15,000HZ. My hearing actually improves with age, which is the reverse of normal but I got that from my mother who at 90, and this is the truth, cause fairly easily hear through walls and it didn't always make life easy for her or others. :^)
I do not know. I've never heard of the 240. But after everything I've read here, I think he won't appeal to me. I don't even like the DX 312 with all IEMs or sockets. But everyone hears differently and has their preferences. And your mother has good ears. In Germany we also say that the elderly only hear what they shouldn't hear! !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 16, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #1,008 of 2,804
I don't agree with you on this. I don't hear unnatural highs. You may have hearing that emphasizes this, I of course do not know but my hearing is extremely good and tested to 15,000HZ. My hearing actually improves with age, which is the reverse of normal but I got that from my mother who at 90, and this is the truth, cause fairly easily hear through walls and it didn't always make life easy for her or others. :^)
I dont think its about "good hearing". I can hear from 18 Hz- 14-15 kHz. Its more about which frequency ure sensitive to. My Achilles' heel is 4-5,5 kHz and i almost feel pain when this freq is aven a bit emphesized. Everything below and up i tolerate nicely.

Dec 16, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #1,009 of 2,804
I do not know. I've never heard of the 240. But after everything I've read here, I think he won't appeal to me. I don't even like the DX 312 with all IEMs or sockets. But everyone hears differently and has their preferences. And your mother has good ears. In Germany we also say that the elderly only hear what they shouldn't hear! !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Haha

Dec 16, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #1,011 of 2,804
I dont think its about "good hearing". I can hear from 18 Hz- 14-15 kHz. Its more about which frequency ure sensitive to. My Achilles' heel is 4-5,5 kHz and i almost feel pain when this freq is aven a bit emphesized. Everything below and up i tolerate nicely.
Seems like me too. For me it is the same. Is it because we are Germans? there are so many comparisons on the internet. Africans, Americans. South Americans, Europeans and Asians. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:Im joking Guys

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #1,012 of 2,804
quick question, does the dx240 come with screws for the previous gen amp? I see the plates, but i dont see any little screws to attach the pcb to it. I dont think its needed, but just wondering if I need to steal the screws from my Amp 1.

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #1,014 of 2,804
fyi... everyone that has the amp8 or amp8ex, I am not sure why you guys are punishing yourself with the amp1 that came with the dx240. f that, i swapped in my amp8ex and enjoying it immediately.

just completely joking and appreciate your efforts and reconfirming that the amp8/amp8ex is my favorite amp. I just dont have 200 hours to spend just to see how the new amp1 performs. My only want at that point is that the amp12 gets developed for the 240, and a balanced amp 9 (4.4 connector). I doubt either will happen but just hoping.

very happy dx220 owner with the upgrade.

Dec 16, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #1,015 of 2,804
fyi... everyone that has the amp8 or amp8ex, I am not sure why you guys are punishing yourself with the amp1 that came with the dx240. f that, i swapped in my amp8ex and enjoying it immediately.

just completely joking and appreciate your efforts and reconfirming that the amp8/amp8ex is my favorite amp. I just dont have 200 hours to spend just to see how the new amp1 performs. My only want at that point is that the amp12 gets developed for the 240, and a balanced amp 9 (4.4 connector). I doubt either will happen but just hoping.

very happy dx220 owner with the upgrade.
I read somewhere that there will be a new balanced amp for the DX240. I would assume that will be a 4.4, which is my favorite connector.

Dec 16, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #1,016 of 2,804
Im on about 100h, the sound is warm and it the ballpark of 2k daps, more importantly it is highly musical and i hear no limitations, mostly iems, have used it as a transport with C9, superb too

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #1,017 of 2,804
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I notice that DX240 will not play true MQA through UAPP because it cannot find find the Internal audio driver 'HiRes Direct driver', and therefor plays through Android.

As opposed to on DX220 where it does find the HiRes Direct driver and I see a colored indicator light that it is indeed playing MQA.

Will the DX240 be updated?

Edit:
Merely changing Settings->Android audio->Android sample rate->Variable rate is not sufficient to get true MQA

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #1,018 of 2,804
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I notice that DX240 will not play true MQA through UAPP because it cannot find find the Internal audio driver 'HiRes Direct driver', and therefor plays through Android.

As opposed to on DX220 where it does find the HiRes Direct driver and I see a colored indicator light that it is indeed playing MQA.

Will the DX240 be updated?

Edit:
Merely changing Settings->Android audio->Android sample rate->Variable rate is not sufficient to get true MQA

As a side note, in order to have full MQA decoding in UAPP, it's a separate add-on purchase. I assume you have done that, right?

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #1,019 of 2,804
As a side note, in order to have full MQA decoding in UAPP, it's a separate add-on purchase. I assume you have done that, right?

Yes, of course. However, I think I found the answer. Looking at UAPP support, they list HiRes direct driver support for DX220, but not DX240. My guess is it's UAPP that needs the update, not Ibasso.

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,020 of 2,804
Yes, of course. However, I think I found the answer. Looking at UAPP support, they list HiRes direct driver support for DX220, but not DX240. My guess is it's UAPP that needs the update, not Ibasso.

paging @Davy Wentzler :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back