DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #302 of 2,804
I am waiting for a DX240 and I would certainly compare with DX300 mki.
Looking forward to your impressions when u burned it☺️

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #305 of 2,804
I had installed my blackgate AMP8 in DX240 few days ago . The only problem is it's very hard to stop listening music from this combo .

Attachments

• 20211026_233449.jpg
    20211026_233449.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Nov 3, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #306 of 2,804
I had installed my blackgate AMP8 in DX240 few days ago . The only problem is it's very hard to stop listening music from this combo .
Is amp8 better than stock amp?

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #313 of 2,804
Maybe in the DX 320 ??? With a double Fan System and another big Battery in your another pocket.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
You don’t need a big ass fan. There are other ways to cool the Dual ES9038Pros. The cooling and thermal dissipations technologies has progressed very advanced, and the same for thermal shielding as well.

An example of that is to use Vapor liquid chamber with advanced chassis design by CNC , also Copper as a chassis will help it greatly. It can also have multiple stages of chassis cooling by Liquid/graphene/fins enveloped in a chassis, and may be a thicker design than Max.

Yes, speaking of form factors, we have been adapting toward larger headphones, smartphones, and DAP. Just so long as the form is larger with more powerful output, batteries and amplifiers, there is nothing wrong with that. For example, I wouldn’t mind seeing a DAP as large as Max and instead of running dedicated 8.4V +/-. It can run on 16V total to swing 32V rails. Now this is a proper desktop equivalent for a Portable that can also be pocketable

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #314 of 2,804
You don’t need a big ass fan. There are other ways to cool the Dual ES9038Pros. The cooling and thermal dissipations technologies has progressed very advanced, and the same for thermal shielding as well.

An example of that is to use Vapor liquid chamber with advanced chassis design by CNC , also Copper as a chassis will help it greatly. It can also have multiple stages of chassis cooling by Liquid/graphene/fins enveloped in a chassis, and may be a thicker design than Max.

Yes, speaking of form factors, we have been adapting toward larger headphones, smartphones, and DAP. Just so long as the form is larger with more powerful output, batteries and amplifiers, there is nothing wrong with that. For example, I wouldn’t mind seeing a DAP as large as Max and instead of running dedicated 8.4V +/-. It can run on 16V total to swing 32V rails. Now this is a proper desktop equivalent for a Portable that can also be pocketable
Only problem with that solution is if the ambient temps are higher than normal, say a city like mine that gets up to 100% humidity and over 100F then that passive cooling solution will not be an optimal solution.

For example, take a passively cooled PC outside and let it run for about 20 minutes and it will either throttle or shutdown all together.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #315 of 2,804

Only problem with that solution is if the ambient temps are higher than normal, say a city like mine that gets up to 100% humidity and over 100F then that passive cooling solution will not be an optimal solution.

For example, take a passively cooled PC outside and let it run for about 20 minutes and it will either throttle or shutdown all together.
That was actually just a joke of mine. But I imagine it to be really difficult to pack it as a dual system in a pocket-friendly device without it getting too hot and the battery not being empty after 2 hours. But I'm not an engineer. And don't know as much about the technical details as other people here. Sorry for my joke. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back