DVD Recorder question (s-video input)
Sep 22, 2008 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Kabeer

Vintage Ortho Ninja 🥷
Hiya,

Basically was wondering, if you have a DVD recorder with an S-video input. Will the dvd recorder be able to use its "zoom" into the video function on something plugged into this input (like say a laptop?).

Pretty much all dvd recorders can zoom into the dvd, just wondering if it can zoom into the S-video input and display in real time on the screen.

Many thanks!

Sep 22, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No...99%

Damm.....I really thought it was a possibility.

Do you or anyone else know of a device that will do this then? (take s-video input, zoom it, and output to my tv's s-video)?

Thanks

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 10
Why do you need to zoom in?

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you need to zoom in?

Basically,
when I use my laptops S-video tv-out, and watch widescreen (verrry widescreen) videos on my 4:3 TV, the black bars on top and bottom are so big the picture is v.small.

I want a simple zooming solution, I havent found a way of doing this through software (since the proper quality video mode uses overlay). If I switch overlay off, or use VMR9 as the video renderer I can achieve zooming in software such as Media Player classic, but VMR7 and 9 are slow and I get choppy framerates.

Errhem....yes so is there a solution
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 10
It should be possible to adjust the underscan issue through the video driver. maybe with something like powerstrip.

Sep 22, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be possible to adjust the underscan issue through the video driver. maybe with something like powerstrip.

Its not possible using the default ATI drivers I have (Dell laptop with Radeon X300).
I just installed powerstrip, I cant see where it allows you to resize the output?

Sep 22, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 10
I actually don't know much about windows tools. I'm a linux guy.

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not possible using the default ATI drivers I have (Dell laptop with Radeon X300).
I just installed powerstrip, I cant see where it allows you to resize the output?

Go to Display Profiles/Configure.../Advanced Timings and you can change anything you like. From there click on Custom Resolutions... and you change choose a predefined resolution (Like 720p for example) or make your own. Just be careful with the refresh timings as it can screw with your picture or make it unviewable.

Sep 23, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks everyone for the tips. Powerplay didnt work, I tried all those settings flashnolan.

I managed to find an ancient solution. An ancient DirectDraw filter called Divxg400!
Man this has been bugging me for ages glad i found a solution.

Also, I think ffdshow might possibly be able to do it, resize option does what I want, except it keeps black borders.... didnt figure out how to get rid of it.

Still I have a working solution and thats what counts.

Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back