DVD player through media player.
Dec 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chri5peed

Headphoneus Supremus
I use PowerDVD, can I configure it so foobar plays the audio?

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 3
it IS possible to open up two instances of the same video in two different programs. assuming foobar is capable of decoding the audio from a video DVD, then yes, you could do this, but it would be painful, tricky, and time consuming.

you would have to open the DVD in both power DVD and Foobar. Then youd have to pause both, and somehow get them to both start playing at precisely the same time (or, starting one after the other, adjust the timeline until the two streams sync). This would be very very hard to do manually, and I lack the batch scripting expertise to tell you how to accomplish this via a convenient double-click.

the real question though, is why you would want to do this? wouldnt it be easier to just use a single DVD playback program that is capable of audio output to ASIO? VLC comes to mind (freeware)

then there's even the question of if you need to use ASIO at all! considering you are using Vista, with its much improved audio mixing, ASIO may not be worth the trouble to begin with.

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Lol, thought there might be an option. I'm using Vista.

i've got VLC, its not got a progress bar or time elapsed/remaining, can these be configured?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back