DVD Archiving in Canada
May 23, 2008 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Assorted

Headphoneus Supremus
There are several hundred DVDs that I want to archive and digitally store them in my computer for future-useage, with deteriorating DVDs being my biggest fear. I have an old X-Files DVD that just stopped playing for some reason, possible because of some freak incident with age, etc.

What are the legal implications for doing so in Canada? This is btw, for soley private use, sort of like the back up, without the "wink-wink".

I am also looking for an EAC equivalent of DVD ripping programs. Any direction appreciated!

May 23, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the legal implications for doing so in Canada? This is btw, for soley private use

I have not yet heard of DVD backups for private, non-commercial use being illegal in Canada, but of course it would be prudent and ethical to spend some time researching the subject further on the Internet or elsewhere.

Quote:

I am also looking for an EAC equivalent of DVD ripping programs. Any direction appreciated!

Discussing this sort of thing on a Michigan-served web site is probably not appropriate, at least that's the way I see it from a legal standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back