DV 336i or Lunchbox 2 for the 701s?
Dec 5, 2007 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dr. Strangelove

100+ Head-Fier
God knows if anyone has used both of these amps, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

Out of about 5 tube amps, I have settled on either a Voice or a Box to pair with my AKG K701s and have the honor of being me first can amp. The DV has the advantage of being very well reviewed + lots of tube roll documentation, Lunchbox has the advantage of looking neat and comes at a way better price.

My system will be as follows: PC Xfi -> Yamaha RX-V650 (Use as DAC) -> Possible EQ -> Amp -> AKGs.

My source material encompasses just about every genre of music, most types of movies, and FPS video games. So what I need is a really good all arounder. Now while the DV would prob take the cake in this situation, it is also rather expensive once shipping and new tubes are taken in to account. From what I hear the Box should be able to tube roll, with that in mind, if I could roll the Box to produce the sound I want at a cheaper price than the DV, then that is also a option.

If ANYONE has ANY advice for this situation, it is more than welcome and would be very appreciated. Also, if any readers have a cold enough heart to sell a DV, please contact me asap
smily_headphones1.gif

Link to the box for those who don't know:
Lunch Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back