Dutch Meet
Oct 24, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #109 of 129
The more cameras, the better :) what camera are you bringing? I actually quite prefer my 'cheap' 600d over the D80 but what i hate about the 600d is the ISO noise and it's just waaay to light.

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #110 of 129
My father gave me his Canon AE-1. I haven't used it because I can't find a battery for it. It has a 50mm f1.4 lens.

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #112 of 129
Quote:
What battery does it use? Does it look like a small, but thick AA?

It uses a 6 volt 4LR44 battery. I guess I need to do some Amazon or ebay searches. I just can't find it at my local electronics shop. They're cheaper there.

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #115 of 129
^ I really like the Valhalla. The Asgard is very good too. Perhaps it is just the fact that the Valhalla uses tubes. But to my ear they are very close in sound. Schiit don't recommend tube rolling. The Valhalla is not the warmest of tube amps. It is closer to the ss sound than tube warmth. Good luck on your Dutch meet. I wish I were there. I'll attend vicariously through Ultrainferno's audio aura and excellent ear for sound. :)

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #117 of 129
I prefer the Valhalla. It is like the Asgard with none of the edginess. I've used it with only the DT990 600Ω.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #119 of 129
Quote:
Would you consider the Valhalla an upgrade over the asgard? Because i'm thinking (not even close to buying) of a new amp... Do you have any experience with the Lyr?

I wouldn't say an upgrade but more of a lateral shift in sound. I like the Asgard for some hard-hitting energized music and the Valhalla for acoustical and unplugged music. They both handle either well but one is better for the other (huh?). Anyway, it boils down to personal taste in sound and music, of course. So if you can, you must audition one or both at your meet.

EDIT: That's why I still own the both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back