Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!)
Apr 18, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #31 of 158
I wouldn't mind bringing my rig(s) but I don't have a car so someone would have to drive me from Amsterdam. :)

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #32 of 158
Kendoji, that can be arranged. My car's just a little C1, but it should be able to cope, and I'm from Almere! :D And an HD800, HE-500 and RS-1 should be a good set of 'standard' references to bring along.

Those amps look pretty juicy as well!

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #33 of 158
  I've been to three meets and they're been nothing but amazing. Everyone was well-mannered, hell, someone even left a pair of IEM's that they no longer wanted!

I've  not heard of equipment being mistreated or let alone broken before, and I've seen a certain someone walk in with SR-007, R10, L3000 and more in hand. Even cleanliness hasn't been an issue so far, and some people brought snacks and such to the meet (this was in Soest btw, awesome location).

But it's best to lay these rules down, make them clear, try to explain to people what is not okay. One bad apple, or just someone who is misinformed, can turn the perfect meet of your dreams into a nightmare.

It's best to be prepared and not have to deal with the effects that not having those rules can have. While we might have a single dealer over, nothing about this is really professional, and that's the charm of these things. But having rules up is going to make life easier in the few cases where it might actually matter.

Rookie, that Hifiman... It's ridiculous to even consider bringing that thing, so I respect you for it. But it's a one-of-a-kind and I don't think you should bring it without some precautions. Consider getting people some gloves to wear so they don't tarnish the wood, or maybe apply something to the headphones themselves. I desperately want to hear a model like that (as well as a Audeze) but I would be so incredibly worried...

Yeah I agree with this, don't be afraid to take actions to keep it in perfect state, you could even not let us touch it and place it on our head for all I care, it would really be a shame if it got damaged! Or maybe bring some gloves for us to wear, so nothing bad can happen.
You could also place a paper next to them with text saying like "Do not touch without permission, very valuable" because I'm bringing 2 audio noobs that don't know what some headphones are worth, and they both love to touch everything. Could you give me a picture of the headphone/amp so I can warn them in advance?

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #34 of 158
Last time the meet was organised, there was a carpool-list.
We'll probably set one up again once the details of the meet are known.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #35 of 158
I wouldn't mind bringing my rig(s) but I don't have a car so someone would have to drive me from Amsterdam. :)

Am from amsterdam too, so u could carpool with me if u would like :wink: my car is probably big enough for lots of stuff.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #36 of 158
Yeah I agree with this, don't be afraid to take actions to keep it in perfect state, you could even not let us touch it and place it on our head for all I care, it would really be a shame if it got damaged! Or maybe bring some gloves for us to wear, so nothing bad can happen.
You could also place a paper next to them with text saying like "Do not touch without permission, very valuable" because I'm bringing 2 audio noobs that don't know what some headphones are worth, and they both love to touch everything. Could you give me a picture of the headphone/amp so I can warn them in advance?

If ur talking about me...well..check my review mentioned in my signature here under this post..there u will find all the pics u need :D

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #37 of 158
It's hard to tell apart from a first glance, so I recommend telling your friends "If you see an HE-500 with a REALLY fancy cable, find out who owns it and how they want you to treat them."

In fact it's probably good to do that with a lot of gear, and if they're really new, maybe all of it. If they poked a hole into my SR-007 I would also be sorely disappointed to say the least. And the cable on the Mk1 is such a finnicky thing that I really don't want to have it replaced again...

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #38 of 158
  It's hard to tell apart from a first glance, so I recommend telling your friends "If you see an HE-500 with a REALLY fancy cable, find out who owns it and how they want you to treat them."

In fact it's probably good to do that with a lot of gear, and if they're really new, maybe all of it. If they poked a hole into my SR-007 I would also be sorely disappointed to say the least. And the cable on the Mk1 is such a finnicky thing that I really don't want to have it replaced again...

I just told them to ask for permission before touching anything, because here's some really expensive stuff laying around, and treat everything extremely gently. Nothing bad will happen, no worries, they're not cavemen haha, before they knew me they thought beats were the most expensive (and best) headphones around.

And you're bringing your Stax SR-007? That's so awesome!

Apr 18, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #40 of 158
That sounds like a good policy, yeah! :D

Yup, though I wish my amp was better for it. This one sounds alright, but it's a bit lacking in power. I'd love to hear something like a Blue Hawaii SE, but, well, you know... Those are exceedingly rare.

I heard the SR-007 in Soest a few years ago and was glad to have a chance to hear it, it seems only logical to return the favour.

What do you think about the HE-300? I dislike it a lot, but I'm curious if you have a differing opinion on it!

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #41 of 158
I go by the rule: don't bring it of you don't want it being touched. Seems so simple

But if u dont bring along anything, except for ur low end stuff, whats the point then attending a meet like this? Isnt it all about SHARING new experiences? If we all went by ur rule NO ONE would take their more special stuff with them!..and i think that would be VERY bad for any meet.
No pun intended!
We just have to respect each others stuff...on the last meet it went perfectly fine... But dont expect me leaving my table for a second :wink:

Is that the reason why u dont take anything with u? Only ur mobile stuff?

I take my stuff to give others an idea what a Blue circle amp is, of which no one knows about here in europe..the brand deserves to be more known in europe, as they make excellent stuff, as are the guys who built my code-x..they also make the paradox and the new Enigma..two very good closed phones..hope harald takes his paradox with him.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #43 of 158
Basically yes. And I can't be bothered to pack all my amps from my listening room

One would be enough :D but i can understand u..u have very sensitive tube amps...and carrying them around with the tubes for them can be a bit risky..i know how that is. :wink:

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #44 of 158
That sounds like a good policy, yeah! :D

Yup, though I wish my amp was better for it. This one sounds alright, but it's a bit lacking in power. I'd love to hear something like a Blue Hawaii SE, but, well, you know... Those are exceedingly rare.

I heard the SR-007 in Soest a few years ago and was glad to have a chance to hear it, it seems only logical to return the favour.

What do you think about the HE-300? I dislike it a lot, but I'm curious if you have a differing opinion on it!

Not sure if you're talking to me, but here's my opinion.

I made the step from a beats pro detox to a hifiman he-300, and it was huge for me.
It really fits my tastes, and is also great on my budget.
I love how it has less bass than the beats, but it's way more detailed, exactly what I was searching for. I don't know how to describe the difference in the mids, but they are better.
The highs in the beats sounded really "fake" while in the he-300 they sound more "real".

The best way I can explain it, is the beats throw the music in your face, the he-300 brings it on a golden plate, waiting for you to pick it up.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #45 of 158
Kendoji, that can be arranged. My car's just a little C1, but it should be able to cope, and I'm from Almere! :D And an HD800, HE-500 and RS-1 should be a good set of 'standard' references to bring along.

Those amps look pretty juicy as well!

Am from amsterdam too, so u could carpool with me if u would like :wink: my car is probably big enough for lots of stuff.

Great, thank you both! Sounds like we should be able to work something out. :)

I'll happily bring my Taboo MKIII and my Violectric V800 / V200 stack, together with my HE-500s and HD 800s. I also have some portable gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back