Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Nov 18, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #586 of 618
If I were back home I'd be getting on the train right about now. As it is, I still have a good hour left before I have to leave.

A couple hours until the meet, people. It's gonna be swell.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #589 of 618
Thanks so much everyone, it was indeed a reaaaally cool meet. Interesting and awesome equipment and diversity in it, had some really great talks, and you're all a cool bunch of people! Kinda surprised after all these years of being out of it my ears have not forsaken me, and as well glad that the B2's do indeed have a sound signature that really fits me. Had some really great listening sessions, there's definitly stuff I'd like to hijack and talks I'd like to have next time and spend time on.

Thanks again to Negakinu and Tilpo for arranging it, defenitly joining the next meet (of whoever and where ever that is), and I'll see if I can get some people excited to come as well!

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #590 of 618
The meet is over and I am one amp and cable richer beside all the new listening experince! Thanks everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #592 of 618
The meet is over and I am one amp and cable richer beside all the new listening experince! Thanks everyone:)

Just got home also..i loved the meeting..very interesting people..

Ps..enjoy ur new baby..take good care of her..or else :D

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #596 of 618
Meet impressions:

Lambda Nova Signature
More smooth bass than the SR-202, but overall very similar. The headband is a lot more comfortable, I'll see if I can mod my SR-202 to use the same or similar headband.

Amperior
Sounds very similar to the HD 25-1 II, but the annoying peak in the high mids is gone and it's a little more comfortable. Overall not worth the price gap.

Jecklin Float
Comfort is bad, sound lacks bass and has sharp treble, but dang this thing is cool (in terms of geekiness)

HE-500
Very comfortable, though really heavy. Sound is very good. Mids feel a bit absent, but overall the sound is quite balanced. Bass is deep with nice impact, and has a good soundstage. This thing is wow. If it wouldn't cost so much, I'd definitely want one.

Mad Dog (modded T50RP)
The T50RP is more comfortable than I'd expect.
The Mad Dog itself has a good balanced sound, but is missing something in the soundstage. I think its sound signature is very fun, but a bit weak in terms of quality.

HE-6
Dang, this thing needs gobs and gobs of power. Actually the 4W per channel Burson had trouble driving it to even normal listening volume.
Sound is very smooth, and I think I like it a bit more than the HE-500, but definitely not worth the price gap. Wow.

AKG K340
Sounds pretty good, but misses bass quite a bit. Soundstage is rather good.

HE-300
Bassmonsters. Don't really like them, but the comfort is good. Soundstage is average.

Modded ATH-A500
Good overall sound, and incredible comfort. Bass is good, but I'm missing something in the treble.

LCD-3
Comfort OK, but a bit heavy. Pads feel nice.
Very balanced sound, and overall these sound really good. Soundstage is excellent.
I do think I prefer the HE-500 over this.

Koss DJ100
Way too dark and comfort is not that good. Overall still decent portables for the price.

AKG K702
A bit sharp, and lacking in the bass.
Soundstage is decent, but overall I dislike them

LCD 2
Big soundstage and airy sound. But also a bit too dark for my liking. Comfort is OK (like LCD-3).
Overall a very good headphone, and on about the same level as the HE-500

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #597 of 618
Quote:
Meet impressions:

Modded ATH-A500
Good overall sound, and incredible comfort. Bass is good, but I'm missing something in the treble.

I'll see if I can fix that for the next meet :)

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #599 of 618
Meet impressions:

HE-500
Very comfortable, though really heavy. Sound is very good. Mids feel a bit absent, but overall the sound is quite balanced. Bass is deep with nice impact, and has a good soundstage. This thing is wow. If it wouldn't cost so much, I'd definitely want one.

HE-6
Dang, this thing needs gobs and gobs of power. Actually the 4W per channel Burson had trouble driving it to even normal listening volume.
Sound is very smooth, and I think I like it a bit more than the HE-500, but definitely not worth the price gap. Wow.

Did u try both the he500 and he6 on the 337? or just with the burson? As for instance the mids on the he500 was full and velvetly on the 337...Most who did try that were surprised how good it sounded with both phones..even some tried the audezes on the 337 and as far i saw the smile in their faces.i think they liked what they heared:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back