Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Nov 17, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #556 of 618
Quote:
* and losing to the German national football squad.

(sorry, couldn't help it..)

I make a habit of it each year to only watch Netherlands-Deutschland and cheer for Deutschland, I even acquired a german flag this year and put it on my car lol. Did get some strange reactions driving with a dutch license plate and a german flag, especially when I was driving in Germany :wink:.

Quote:
This kind of confirmed for me that burn in a real thing. At least in my ears it is. I always had the impression that headphones tend to change over time but I was never really sure since the theory that brain was burning in made alot of sense too. But this can't be blamed on my brain burning in. I would still be able to atleast hear  the distortion. I think it's a combination of the two factors and that, ofcourse, one headphone changes alot while another might barely change.

Even though I'm rather new again to this whole audiophile stuff after years, the Brainwavz B2 are known to not require any 40-hour+ burn-in. Now, while that's true, they definitly changed after a few hours. So, whatever may be the case, I'd say giving any headphone/speaker/IEM a few hours (around 6 will do) when they're fresh out of the package is a plus, which doesn't sound strange.. everything fresh needs to settle a bit.

Quote:
Tomato soup and turkisch bread? Pleasure overload!!!
tongue.gif

Damn, indeed.. sounds so good!

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #560 of 618
Hooray, I'm stoked! Will we have an appropriate source for the Auralic Taurus at the meet? I wouldn't wanna have to lug around a fullsize-CDP (which is nothing special to begin with). I only have one piece of luggage on the flight and - as mention before - it's too much stuff already. I'm only bringing portable sources too, as much as I would have wanted to bring the ZeroDAC.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #561 of 618
Bags? I store most of my gear in Vanguard hardcases... Just grab & go.... :D

Vanguard cases? i checked those on internet..but..ur saying u also put ur very big 339 in those cases..its very sensitive..and as far i can see..no case is big enough to but my 337 fixed on the bottom flatsided.. :xf_eek:

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #562 of 618
Quote:

Vanguard cases? i checked those on internet..but..ur saying u also put ur very big 339 in those cases..its very sensitive..and as far i can see..no case is big enough to but my 337 fixed on the bottom flatsided..
redface.gif

No, because the biggest headphone amp I own is a Fiio E9...

If you want a case for your 337, I suggest looking at Pelican... Prepare for a second mortgage though...

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #564 of 618
No, because the biggest headphone amp I own is a Fiio E9...

If you want a case for your 337, I suggest looking at Pelican... Prepare for a second mortgage though...

Ever heard of this brand? Its looks interesting! And payable..waterproof AND dustproof..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/475618/matrix-m-stage-amp-review-simple-cheap-and-excellent/3045

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #566 of 618
Error in copy-paste? AFAIK the M-Stage is not water- nor dustproof...

Oops..hahaha..****ed up ipad!

http://webshop.rubox.nl/koffers/rubox-5.html

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #567 of 618
No experience with those, but at approximaely half the price of a similar sized Pelican case, it might be an interestng product.

I went with the Vanguard cases as they are even cheaper, and I dont really bring my gear into situations where water- and dustproofness are required. 

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #570 of 618

I need that kind of case also..may i ask where u bought it and for how much..does a 44cm amp fit in it?
Ps..still not packed as i will be listening to it this evening :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back