Durable, Light-Weight, On-Ear Headphones for Work Environment
Jan 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

avocado

Head-Fier
My px100's have (finally) started to separate at the 1/8 jack, and the right ear channel is out. I haven't been paying attention to the headphone world for the last few years and would like some opinions before springing for a new pair. I've heard some good reviews about the px100-II, but the primary thing that worries me about them is that they've done nothing to strengthen the jack; I don't want work headphones to be something I need to upgrade every year or so, so that's a definite concern.

I have a fairly loose work environment, so whatever I end up getting doesn't need to be wholly closed. Obviously a Grado (which I have at home) is too open, but I also need to be able to hear people getting my attention, the phone, etc etc. I've also spent more than enough $$ on audio for my home, so I'd like to keep this purchase below $50. My budget is pretty wide-open, but I don't want spend any more than I need to.

Sound quality should be on-par or better than px100. Build quality should be better. My primary work listening is NPR, various indie music, some rap, etc etc.

Get back to me with suggestions so I can finally listen to music in both ears. It's necessary for life. Thanks!

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Perhaps try a pair of Creative Aurvana Live headphones.  You can find them for $65 or so on sale ( new ).  I really enjoyed them for the price and they are small and built pretty well.  Normally I would suggest the V-Moda Crossfade M80 / V80, but at $200 it is going to be way outside of your budget.  If for some reason that is not unreasonable I say go for the M80 / V80 because it is built extremely well  It sounds awesome, and has a detachable cord so you can simply replace it if it fails.  They get my highest recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back