Durable in-earphones
Feb 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iPim

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I just discovered this forum while browsing for durable in-earphones. This will be my first post here, so I am sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong place, I obviously don't know the forum ethics here. Back to my story,

I am looking for some durable in-earphones. I am always on the road and would like some decent earphones with decent audio quality. My budget lies around 100 euro's. I usually buy those crappy 30 euro earphones because the 3.5mm jack that goes into my iPod always breaks after about three months of use. Some earphones, like the Philips SHE 9500's, used to have a detachable chord so that you can buy a new male-female 3.5mm jack when the connector to the iPod breaks. In this way, you don't have to buy a whole set of new earphones.

I have been looking around, but just can't seem to find any in-earphones that have this feature. I figured that people here might help me out, since there is a huge load of expertise browsing these forums. 

As for my music taste, I mostly listen to metal and hardcore, all sorts, but also some indie, post-rock and electronics (but limited). I am not in need of a very thick bass, but I do prefer a clear sound. 

To sum it up, I am looking for in-earphones of decent quality and price that are mostly durable (in the sense of the chords) or have a chord extension which can be replaced if broken. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 2
Well the 3.5mm connector, you can get reusable, breakable adapters, i am sure i have seen them somewhere...

Dunu Trident is a very durable headphone that is quite a cheap buy, try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back