Durable IEM
Feb 16, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 6
You may want to check out the MEElectronics M6 in-ear monitors. They're probably the most durable IEMs I've ever used. And yes, they're $20. They sound absolutely fantastic too (I use them on stage for in-ear monitoring). 

Also, if you need detachable cables, they also just released the PRO version of the same earphone (called the M6 PRO). They're around $50, but are made much more rugged, and will probably last a lot longer (but you should also know that MEElectronics also has hands down the best customer service in the business, and will replace virtually anything on their website if there's anything wrong with it in the first year).

I'm still working with both, and figuring out which I like better for which application. Not sure the PROs are worth the extra $30 yet, but they're both really great choices (and the fact that you have $250 to play around with is even better for this). But they are both, in my option, very very good sounding earphones (perhaps audiophile quality).

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 6
+1 for Meelectronics. I have a pair of their 151s and had an issue with the housing on the left iem. One call, without issue, they sent me a brand new pair, free of charge, free return shipping. The M6 is on my short list for when I'm in need of a new set of IEM's.

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Audio technica IM50 or IM70 perhaps? They built like a tank and have removable cable.  The IM02 , 03, 04 are roughly the same built and might even sound better too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back