Durable headphones
Sep 16, 2019 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Liver

500+ Head-Fier
looking to get my kids some headphones. They need to be able to take a beating, with sound quality being secondary. Especially the cable, they seem to always break the connection. I don’t want wireless headphones, don’t want to deal with charging them.

Yes, I know. Blasphemy.

Sep 18, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 6
Probably not what you want, but I had a pair of AKG 240's that lasted from 1981-2015, they still worked when I tossed them, but the headband was fried.

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 6
Yes, German Maestro (formerly MB-Quart)'s "high solid" headphones are about the most un-wreck-able on the market.

Probably not what you want, but I had a pair of AKG 240's that lasted from 1981-2015, they still worked when I tossed them, but the headband was fried.

Harman Professional sells ALL OF THOSE PARTS TO REPAIR THEM!!!

Sep 19, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 6
looking to get my kids some headphones. They need to be able to take a beating, with sound quality being secondary. Especially the cable, they seem to always break the connection. I don’t want wireless headphones, don’t want to deal with charging them.

Yes, I know. Blasphemy.
Sennheiser HD-25's seem to stand the test of time pretty well.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Sennheiser HD-25's seem to stand the test of time pretty well.

Yes. Lightweight yet quite clampy, although a kids head size can probably take it. The stock cable might be a bit thin but I don't see how it can be destroyed easily. If OP is interested in an experiment: buy a secondhand pair and a stock sturdier HD650 cable which you reterminate to what you need. Take off the HD25 cable and flip the cups 180 so the connections become bottom oriented.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back