Durability of SE530 vs. Triple.fi
Jul 19, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #16 of 35
Is miniduncan Duncans' son? There'll be rumours....

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #17 of 35
Thanks for the answers
I think I´ll go for the triple.fis and buy them at a shop to be sure about the warranty. Another question though about the certified dealer system : if I sold my phones later on would the new owner be able to take over the rest of my eventual warranty?

Another question about the fit:
I have previously owned an etymotic er-6i headphone and I always loved those tri-flanges.Exist there tri-flange sleeves compatible with the triple.fis?

Jul 21, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #18 of 35
ER-4 tri-flange don't look like they'd fit, but ER-6 tips do fit. Can't recall offhand about their flanges (only double I think, like UE's) but I'll try it & report back tomorrow.
And re the warranty, you'd need the receipt/order from the original retailer to prove the sale. I'm not sure if that makes the warranty transferable, as it'd be your name/address...

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #22 of 35
Just a little bump for this thread as I think my questions got a little lost.
I just wanted to know if the warranty of UE headphones is transferable , i.e. if I bought triple.fis secondhand via the forum could I use their warranty?
And another question about the triple.fis:
Exist there any triple flange sleeves like on the Etymotic IEMs compatible with the triple.fis?

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I´ll go for the triple.fis and buy them at a shop...if I sold my phones later on would the new owner be able to take over the rest of my eventual warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my questions got a little lost.
I just wanted to know if the warranty of UE headphones is transferable , i.e. if I bought triple.fis secondhand via the forum could I use their warranty?

I think your questions got slightly changed
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #25 of 35
ue warranty is not transferable. I just sent my triple.fi back recently & they were very particular & precise about where they were bought from & that the original invoice was included. It's also been over a month since they were sent back & I've not had any contact from them yet & don't know how much longer they'll be.

I had 2 pairs of se530s returned due to cable cracking & I gotta say I received a great service both times. No one asked for a receipt or if I was the original owner & the second pair i sent back were back with me in 3 days!

Jul 22, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #26 of 35
Exactly. Hence my first reply - the invoice/bill/whatever as I understand it would have the original owners details on it so I doubt it'd be transferable (you'd need the invoice to RMA)...but don't know for,erm...definite! (Avoided obvious pun, yay).

BTW, there's a nice set of TF in FS right now, Donner...the seller, McCol, is one of the Good Guys.

Edit\ Over a month, Nuwidol? Ouch. I'd email Tarah. Just to check.

Jul 22, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit\ Over a month, Nuwidol? Ouch. I'd email Tarah. Just to check.

Actually its not over a month. I got confused. I thought it was the 18th I sent them off but it was the 28th.

Still, its long enough for no reply... I have ordered a pair of UE-11 since then so I may get that 'extra special' customer service from them now.

Maybe Tarah will show up on my door step with them tomorrow morning with some free gifts
rolleyes.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by david21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eBay purchases are generally not accepted for warranty purposes. I do recall reading about Shure's warranty as being transferable for up to 2 owners (or up to 2 years). Did the seller by any chance give you the original receipt?

True, but I think Shure accepts eBay. If you go to register them, it shows online auction as a source of purchase. They just require you have an invoice with the purchase date. They have great customer service, so hopefully there wouldn't be any problems. That's for buying them new though, I don't know how they'd reaction to the purchase of a used pair on ebay.

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #30 of 35
Hmmm my SE530's will arrive in the next week or so
smily_headphones1.gif
Cant wait! Hopefully they will stand upto what i hear about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back