Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Dec 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #916 of 1,320
  Yeah totally agree,but don't take it in any bad way i was just saying how much i really enjoy both iem's and with the scoring it kinda isnt really doing them both any justice they are on another level compared to the GR07 i auditoned them a while back and was not satisfied with them but not saying they are bad in anyway but didnt give me the sound i was hoping compared to my other iems i had at the time while both the 2k and A83 are on another level to me.

No, no, I didn't take your post in bad way friend, more or less used it as a gateway to explain my post before it. 
tongue.gif

You're totally fine, and might I say both your hybrid choices of DN-2000 and Fidue A83 are wise ones.

Not to mention you own a Shozy Alien which instantly puts you in my elite status book.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #917 of 1,320
EQing the 2K really brings them on another level! The mids become less diffuse and more focused, clarity is more pronounced, the treble is really brought to the forefront. It reminds me of the endless treble extension of the R-50 on a much larger scale and of course with better bass impact and extension. 

I use a Rock preset on Realtek HD with 4k, 8k and 16k reduced to eliminate sibliance.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #918 of 1,320
  EQing the 2K really brings them on another level! The mids become less diffuse and more focused, clarity is more pronounced, the treble is really brought to the forefront. It reminds me of the endless treble extension of the R-50 on a much larger scale and of course with better bass impact and extension. 

I use a Rock preset on Realtek HD with 4k, 8k and 16k reduced to eliminate sibliance.

This is helpful advice on how to reduce sibilance via EQ. Where can I learn more about frequency and EQ?

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #919 of 1,320
What

What are your EQ settings for the 2K I don't really ever seem to get it quite right but maybe a created preset could help ?

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #920 of 1,320

Foam Tips from UE
The only Tips I am happy using on D2K that give me the sound signature that I like  
happy_face1.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #921 of 1,320
I just download an EQ app can not see the point lol. Ok I can there is added benefit to be able to sculpt the sound but I'm pretty much a happy chappy the way they are directly from the source. As long as your enjoying then that's all that matters.

Side note they need to release the Dunu 2000J worldwide or perhaps a Dunu 2000RC :wink: ( New driver and removable cable probably be on to the best mid tier iem ever me thinks )

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #922 of 1,320
I did a brief comparison of the Dunu DN-2000, Fidue A83, ATH CKR09 and ATH CKR10 here, if anyone is interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/earwerkz-legend-r-vs-noble-k10-brief-review-and-19-others-including-customart-harmony-8-pro/75#post_11169116

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #923 of 1,320
What

What are your EQ settings for the 2K I don't really ever seem to get it quite right but maybe a created preset could help ?

This is helpful advice on how to reduce sibilance via EQ. Where can I learn more about frequency and EQ?

@dnun8086

Here is the preset I use, .

@Daniel4IEM

It's generally known that 4K is the frequency range where sibilance can mostly be heard. If it's slighty reduced it can reduce sibilance to lower levels. 

I find this preset generally works the best for my sound signature and really brings the 2K on another level for me. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #926 of 1,320
  What model of comply foam tips are these? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't think this tips are from Comply. They were part of the tips package I got from the older UE (not Logitech UE).

PS. Wishing all a Happy 2015 

Jan 2, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #927 of 1,320
Happy belated new year! It has been 2 weeks and my Goodness! DN-2000 is so good, I'm eager to write a full +++ review bout it later. Though, I rarely write reviews (because I'm timid) I'm so moved to voice out my appreciation bout it. These made my favorite tracks come alive and glorious!!! Listening to Dream Theater's whole Six Degree of Inner Turbulence album got me into euphonic state. Listening to Ghibli's concert made me torn of its greatness. Listening to Galneryus's resurrection puts me on fire and massacring 10000 orcs alone during Helm's Deep battle (lord of the rings 2). the. The killers's Read my mind made me sing along even among the crowds. 

DN-2000 shares most positive traits of my favorite earphones:
  • That cable, it's as pliable as JVC's, which I think the best cable in my collection. Wearing over-the-ear is effortless
  • That soundstage pulls further than the W4 and the 3D-ness of EPH-100. 
  • It's got depth and excitement of FXT90; it sounds bright and lively without having upper high harshness like cymbals or tssh sounds.
  • It has the separation and loudness of UM30 pro ( at 1-2 bar of normal volume on Sansa clip zip, these blast loudly enough) 
  • It has the isolation of my favorite XBA-1.
  • Lastly, the barrel shape of Xiaomi's Piston which fits snuggly to my ears.
  • and more things to come~~~

Oh, DN-2000 does perfectly with the attached 1K tips, so I don't have to do tip rolling. But dam, DN-2000 is a frankenstein of IEMs. All my earphones mated to one another and one gave birth to this beast 
etysmile.gif

edit: Oh the only thing that matters is the weight of IEM. That's as weighty as the V-moda vibrato; no, it's heavier!. Why not Dunu make it in plastic? :frowning2: like that XBA's material I'd be satisfied. It looks pretty and light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back