Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Dec 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #901 of 1,320
I've received the DN-2000 and my goodness, I love that soundstage and insane separation; though it still cannot reach to Shure SE846, which I auditioned at Singapore a while back.Bass is very good and satisfying and thank God, the mid is not bloated nor forward. however, the treble is little sparkly here - I use silver-spaced tips and 1K tips; the 2K seems to make it even brighter. Such treble reminds me of that metallic XBA-30's, which I despised the most. Would increasing spacer size reduce the treble harshness? Currently burning the earphones while I'm away. 

Moving from Yamaha EPH-M200, which I recently returned due to the fit problem, bloated bass, shouty SQ, and heavily intimate, I'm happy with the DN-2000. My earphone collection journey has ended here unless if one of 'em breaks.

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #902 of 1,320
Agreed I love that soundstage and insane separation. I honestly haven't posted anything about the Shure SE846 but its starting to grate at me now. Some have stated how amazing they are and some were left very underwhelmed me being one. I can only narrow this down to quality control. I've owned the two of the same earphone twice and in both cases each one sounded a little different according to memory. I think its really hard to take high end audio reviews so seriously when there seems to be such an inconstancy in sound. I've been opting to save for the Kaiser 10 and someone mentioned similarities between the K10 and SE846, it really put me off wanting them. I'm not trying to over hype the 2000's but other than the UM Miracles I demoed this has pretty much been the best earphone i've heard. Especially considering price to performance ratio. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #907 of 1,320
I thought they have a rolled off treble hmm..or maybe its just treble smoothness.

Dec 26, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #909 of 1,320
Just got mine.  Excellent order handling from Lend-Me-Ur-Ears.  Very quick delivery.

-- excellent instrument separation
-- very good treble extension

They kind of sound like a good full-size over-the-ear set of cans.  Using my ancient
memory, I'm getting kind of an old Koss Pro-4a vibe here.
Character, I would say fairly neutral, just on this side of warm.

In comparison to the Vsonic GR01, I'd say the DN-2000 is better in both bass and in treble.
I'd say the DN-2000 is a detailed iem, but not an overly analytical iem.  Nicely balanced.
The GR01 is a great iem, with very good dynamics.  I'd say DN-2000 is as enjoyable, but beats
the GR01 with better extension at the top and bottom, and better instrument separation.

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #911 of 1,320
  ljokerl's review is finally here. Whopping 9.3 sound rating is up among the best universal IEMs.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/dunu-dn-2000/

Wow, 0.2 more than the three and half year old GR07, we're really going places as technology moves forward.

Or, 0,1 more than DN-1000. On ya ijokerl you da man. 
tongue.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #912 of 1,320
Ive being using my 2k with my new Shozy Alien DAP and comparing it with the Fidue A83, im still in love with these iem but they both have their strength and weakness. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #913 of 1,320
  Ive being using my 2k with my new Shozy Alien DAP and comparing it with the Fidue A83, im still in love with these iem but they both have their strength and weakness. 

I have no doubt DN-2000 sounds great from the Alien as does A83.

I actually agree with ijokerl's scoring between DN-1000 and DN-2000 as I heard it pretty much the same, the difference for me when using a good amp with DN-1000 wasn't enough to justify the upgrade when I had DN-2000 on home audition. My real meaning of the post above is I think many IEM like Fidue A83, DN-2000 and DN-1000 surpass GR07 and we're simply not seeing this in the scoring meter, not just by a little as 0.2 score difference suggests.

My feelings with GR07 are, whilst I've owned / loved them a total of 3 times they were released when there wasn't much else in the market to compete with them, perhaps TF10, they were in the right place at the right time and considering this gained high reputation which they now live off that name, but really the scoring of newer hybrids and IEM aren't reflecting this imo, not the way my ears hear it anyway.

Don't get me wrong I like GR07, I like it a lot, but IEM like Fidue A83 wipe the floor with it yet ijokerl scores them practically the same.  (0.1 difference)

Just my 2 cents...

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #914 of 1,320

I actually agree with ijokerl's scoring between DN-1000 and DN-2000 as I heard it pretty much the same, the difference for me when using a good amp with DN-1000 wasn't enough to justify the upgrade when I had DN-2000 on home audition. My real meaning of the post above is I think many IEM like Fidue A83, DN-2000 and DN-1000 surpass GR07 and we're simply not seeing this in the scoring meter, and not just by a little as 0.2 score difference suggests.

My feelings with GR07 is, whilst I've owned and loved them a total of 3 times they were released when there wasn't much else in the market to compete with them, possibly TF10, they were in the right place at the right time and considering this gained high reputation which they now live off that name, but really the scoring of newer hybrids and IEM aren't reflecting this imo, not the way my ears hear it anyway.

Don't get me wrong I like GR07, I like it a lot but IEM like Fidue A83 wipe the floor with it yet ijokerl scores them practically the same.  (0.1 difference)

Just my 2 cents...

Yeah totally agree,but don't take it in any bad way i was just saying how much i really enjoy both iem's and with the scoring it kinda isnt really doing them both any justice they are on another level compared to the GR07 i auditoned them a while back and was not satisfied with them but not saying they are bad in anyway but didnt give me the sound i was hoping compared to my other iems i had at the time while both the 2k and A83 are on another level to me.

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #915 of 1,320

I actually agree with ijokerl's scoring between DN-1000 and DN-2000 as I heard it pretty much the same, the difference for me when using a good amp with DN-1000 wasn't enough to justify the upgrade when I had DN-2000 on home audition. My real meaning of the post above is I think many IEM like Fidue A83, DN-2000 and DN-1000 surpass GR07 and we're simply not seeing this in the scoring meter, and not just by a little as 0.2 score difference suggests.

My feelings with GR07 is, whilst I've owned and loved them a total of 3 times they were released when there wasn't much else in the market to compete with them, possibly TF10, they were in the right place at the right time and considering this gained high reputation which they now live off that name, but really the scoring of newer hybrids and IEM aren't reflecting this imo, not the way my ears hear it anyway.

Don't get me wrong I like GR07, I like it a lot but IEM like Fidue A83 wipe the floor with it yet ijokerl scores them practically the same.  (0.1 difference)

Just my 2 cents...

Very useful 2 cents. I agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back