Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Aug 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #796 of 1,320
No picture because it's ugly, right now just using electrical tape because I accidentally killed my soldering iron a while ago and too lazy to buy another just to solder connectors on these iem's.

Near the driver end I kept about 10" total extra length, but will lower it to maybe 3-4" because they are quite thin wires and I think braided 24 AWG is prettier.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #797 of 1,320
No picture because it's ugly, right now just using electrical tape because I accidentally killed my soldering iron a while ago and too lazy to buy another just to solder connectors on these iem's.

Near the driver end I kept about 10" total extra length, but will lower it to maybe 3-4" because they are quite thin wires and I think braided 24 AWG is prettier.

I hope the stock cable could withstand the weight of the new cable :)

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #798 of 1,320

i want to see it even if it is ugly.. please!!! i got a thing for ugly girls with nice bodies anyway. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #799 of 1,320
Just received my Dunu 2000 and am listening on my laptop with Spotify Premium with GeekOut 1000.

For some reason i prefer the warmer left side slot, can't remember which impedence it is as mine came without sticker but this is a pair that works well when properly amped. Need more critical listening to Iphone 5s/ipad mini sources.

The soundstage is impressive when it comes to live music, i feel myself literally disappearing out of body into the concert itself! Listened to Alison Krauss - New favourite

Aug 13, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #800 of 1,320
  Just received my Dunu 2000 and am listening on my laptop with Spotify Premium with GeekOut 1000.

For some reason i prefer the warmer left side slot, can't remember which impedence it is as mine came without sticker but this is a pair that works well when properly amped. Need more critical listening to Iphone 5s/ipad mini sources.

The soundstage is impressive when it comes to live music, i feel myself literally disappearing out of body into the concert itself! Listened to Alison Krauss - New favourite

Listen to Diana Krall Live in Paris album mate, absolutely breathtaking...

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #801 of 1,320
  i want to see it even if it is ugly.. please!!! i got a thing for ugly girls with nice bodies anyway. 

Well if you put it that way. This is ugly like a girl wearing pants on her head too, this is the remains of my very old OCC diy 24awg 4x conductor cable I had to cannibalize to use with these iem's because the only tool I had was scissors. I left on the mini-xlr bottom part because I intend to fix it when I get a new soldering iron.. someday :). Poor electrical connection and risk of disconnection aren't issues because I used 1" of wire from either end, twirled with tweezers about 100x.

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #803 of 1,320
So I just brought a pair of the DN2K off a fellow member and I would like to say they are really amazing a big step up from my SE215's really love the mids and lows are just prefect for me. But I was wondering if it was worth amping these babies? I'm using a DX50 and even those it sounds really good would I get any more out of these amped? say with the new E11k or the JDS C.

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #805 of 1,320
I'm enjoying them straight out of my Fiio X3 :) Personally I dun think amping iems is worth the inconvenience - they are meant for portable devices so benefits from more power would be minimal.

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #806 of 1,320
My 2 pennys say the DX50 is all you need. If you knew you liked a amps sound then maybe.

I use to have a E12 sold it off a while ago spewing now. I've tried it with the IFI ican and it brought out the bass and soundstage a bit more didn't mind it too much but not sure I can compare it to a portable amp.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #807 of 1,320
I just got these a few days ago and am still getting used to them.

One thing that people should be aware is the barrel of the 2000 is pretty large. The GR07 was my main IEM before this and fit fairly well, but these barely fit. If I make a tight seal, it hurts my ear canals after an hour or so. I'll keep them but probably won't put them on too long at a time, which might be a good thing actually.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #810 of 1,320
  So I just brought a pair of the DN2K off a fellow member and I would like to say they are really amazing a big step up from my SE215's really love the mids and lows are just prefect for me. But I was wondering if it was worth amping these babies? I'm using a DX50 and even those it sounds really good would I get any more out of these amped? say with the new E11k or the JDS C.

I just tried mine with my E12 DIY, sounds maybe ever so slightly more refined than the HO of my X3 with the most recent beta firmware. I haven't heard the DX50. I would say these IEM's match up very well with slightly warmer DAPs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back