Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
May 24, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #482 of 1,320
Aune T1 has a coloured signature like C&C BH, but with a 'tubish sound', you can roll tubes until the cows come home and change the signature or use its RCA line out utilise the DAC (with the tube) and feed any amp you want. For example, I use golden lion tube > line out > feed to Schiit Magni. C5 would be the most neutral of the 3.

May 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #483 of 1,320
Interesting I mean it's something I might just consider. I can't really believe how much synergy can contribute toward your own person music enjoyment. I've had a few earphones say for example the Atomic Floyd Superdarts generally very V shaped however, once paired with the Go vibe martini+ amp using a copper and mundorf hybrid sounds just balenced enough to become a real delight. I can hear the potential in the Dunu's just a matter of patients and swapping cables sources etc.

Anyone tried them using the Vorguze Pure amp ii ?

May 27, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #487 of 1,320
Mine are out for delivery today. Can't wait to get out of work and try these out

May 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #489 of 1,320
Edit: deleted impressions, was a fit issue

May 28, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #490 of 1,320
Hi all,

I auditioned the DN 1000s yesterday and was rather impressed with them. I liked that the mids sound lusher than my GR07s which made vocals more enjoyable and meaty, bass authority was also visceral (when needed) and the soundstage was larger. However, I noticed that there is indeed a deeper 'V' sound relative to the GR07s and the treble, while lusher and tamer, seemed to share the 'shouty' quality of the GR07 at the top.

Do the DN 2000s sound less 'shouty' while not giving up too much extension and reproduce vocals better than the DN 1000?

May 28, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #492 of 1,320
  Hi all,

I auditioned the DN 1000s yesterday and was rather impressed with them. I liked that the mids sound lusher than my GR07s which made vocals more enjoyable and meaty, bass authority was also visceral (when needed) and the soundstage was larger. However, I noticed that there is indeed a deeper 'V' sound relative to the GR07s and the treble, while lusher and tamer, seemed to share the 'shouty' quality of the GR07 at the top.

Do the DN 2000s sound less 'shouty' while not giving up too much extension and reproduce vocals better than the DN 1000?

Much better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back