Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
May 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #466 of 1,320
http://www.head-fi.org/t/714797/dunu-official-notice-statement-about-dn-2000-purchasing-unthorized-vendor

Careful of the other ebay links

May 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #468 of 1,320
Ok that's it got em in my ears Fischer amps are Technically better but let me explain a little further. 

Firstly Dunu are outstanding especially at the price point they clearly are on to a winner, never meet such a complete array of accessories. I would say both the Fischers and Dunu are equally matched in detail retrieval there is just a difference in the presentation. For example what sounds natural on the Fischers sound almost a little forced on the dunu's. 

The sound stage on the Fischers is wider, deeper and instrument separation is taken by a hair. However I always found the bass more than satisfactory with the Fischers although, now listening to the beauty of a true dynamic I can see the artificial bass created in the Fischers. The Dunu's sub bass is great, textured, doesn't cloud the sound and is perfectly in sink with the sound signature. 

I would say both iem's are mildly V-shaped in sound signature. Its always something I find I miss when listening to any iem's that are V shaped is the lack of intimacy presented in the vocals. Neither the Fischers or Dunu have done anything wrong in this department just my personal preference would lean toward a slightly more engaging mid-range. It's worth mentioning they both do shine with clarity and detail here though.  

These are just brief impressions I haven't had much time with the Dunu yet need to swap out some tips sources etc. Currently using Grey tips Red Spacers, Source Meridian Explorer Dac. I think anyone would be happy with either purchase the only thing that worries me is the non replaceable cable on the Dunu's what the heck were they thinking ! Lol after so much effort in a beautiful sounding earpiece ruined by an easily amendable problem :frowning2:. I still prefer my Fischers but for the price bar the cable I'd be more that happy with the Dunu's they have really done an outstanding job.

Side note I'm not sure if my ears are adjusting there seems to be tiny nuances more presentable in the Dunu's over the Fischers we shall see in time need some more A and B testing. 

I will be happy to answer any direct questions as best I can hopes this helps someone out.     

May 21, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #469 of 1,320
Oh wow really starting to grow into this wonderful iem swaped out the tips for a pair of rha tips beautiful, liquid, detailed ,deep bass, lifted vocals and more three dimensional sound. I must say although at times the treble could be conceived as bright the sparkle has a certain addiction on tracks. I hope they tweak it for more realistic timber and add the option of interchangeable cables thinking sometime quite timeless in the making. 

May 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #470 of 1,320
  I'm wondering, how does this one match up to a winner like armature type Fisher Amps FA-4E XB? 

I've heard both recently, to me there is no competition, DN2k wins hands down, FA though is incredibly technical, I found it rather boring

FA overall has bigger bass impact, but quality wise DN2k is ahead, sounds fuller and has better texture, sub-bass wise, again, no competition

May 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #471 of 1,320
Apart from the bass what is better on the dunus over the fischer amps? In btw fa bass being a ba armature is awesome

I doubt the dunus sound that good...the fa 4e sounds incredible, how long did you spend listening the fa 4e? which tips?

May 22, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #472 of 1,320
Well, across the whole spectrum, Dunu is full of energy, full of live, and just fun and exciting.

Don't get me wrong I like FA, I recently auditioned one for a week, but side-by-side with DN2k, I found FA a bit bland and boring.

The biggest difference is clarity, especially in the midrange (and vocals), Dunu's forward, ultra clear, and just addictive, yet no sibilance, no peaks, and definitely non-fatiguing - to my ear, hands down, one of the best, if not the best midrange and vocals I have heard 

FA's on the other hand, next to Dunu, sounds a bit too thick, not as forward, and definitely not as clear

I used the same tips, which is UE's large bore silicone for both

May 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #473 of 1,320
  Well, across the whole spectrum, Dunu is full of energy, full of live, and just fun and exciting.

Don't get me wrong I like FA, I recently auditioned one for a week, but side-by-side with DN2k, I found FA a bit bland and boring.

The biggest difference is clarity, especially in the midrange (and vocals), Dunu's forward, ultra clear, and just addictive, yet no sibilance, no peaks, and definitely non-fatiguing - to my ear, hands down, one of the best, if not the best midrange and vocals I have heard 

FA's on the other hand, next to Dunu, sounds a bit too thick, not as forward, and definitely not as clear

I used the same tips, which is UE's large bore silicone for both

Hum agree kind of, what source are you using ? Synergy can account for a whole lot. But I must agree the Fischer's do sound a touch more recessed but clarity is about on par I would say its due to the way the bass boost effects the Fischers sounds a touch cloudy, when in comparison the Dunu's bass stays out of the mid range more and definatly has more treble energy and sparkle 

May 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #474 of 1,320
  Hum agree kind of, what source are you using ? Synergy can account for a whole lot. But I must agree the Fischer's do sound a touch more recessed but clarity is about on par I would say its due to the way the bass boost effects the Fischers sounds a touch cloudy, when in comparison the Dunu's bass stays out of the mid range more and definatly has more treble energy and sparkle 

My sources are PC through Aune T1, Macbook Air through Dragonfly, Sansa Clip+, iPod classic

May 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #480 of 1,320
Hum interesting well if it ent broke don't fix it 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back