Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Mar 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #46 of 1,320

Sorry what I meant to say is woodies in general, not particularly JVC's woodies

I don't know mate, it's just something about the timbre, it's not quite to my taste. I briefly auditioned the 'legendary' FX700 but didn't like it, a bit too bright for me, and generally don't really like the midrange - then I listened to some other woodies from Hisound and Xears, and yeah the midrange just doesn't feel right, don't get me wrong, bass is great, but that's it for me.

The FX700 midrange seemed to be the deal breaker for ericp10 (and I believe the general consensus is that the FX700 has a V-shaped sound signature), but it seems like the FX850 has corrected that, at least for him. The FX850 might still be too bright for you though, since james444 says that the treble is similar to the FX700 in his brief comparison.

Thanks for the input!

Mar 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #47 of 1,320
Final pricing seems to be 1798 kuai or 290 USD

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.30.arj7x9&id=37671897239&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=

No one on baidu seems to have any reviews up unfortunately.

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #48 of 1,320
whoops this is a review from 4 days ago comparing it to the DN-1000

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1627729

In general (my translation may not be accurate) 
  • Highs are much more present compared to the DNK 
  • Lows have greater extension and are more balanced with the rest of the spectrum as most people expected
  • Similar soundstage width wise, but larger in terms of height
  • 2K is faster and cleaner than the DNK
  • Vocals are more present and richer on the 2K (proly cause they toned down the bass), according to the reviewer it can get pretty thick with some songs
  • 2K seems more centred to enthusiasts than the DNK
  • Reviewer believes it is very much worth the price (<2000 Kuai)

Got lazy and didn't bother with some of the sections, you can basically understand what's new with the 2K. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #49 of 1,320

• Highs are much more present compared to the DNK 
  • Lows have greater extension and are more balanced with the rest of the spectrum as most people expected
  • Similar soundstage width wise, but larger in terms of height
  • 2K is faster and cleaner than the DNK
  • Vocals are more present and richer on the 2K (proly cause they toned down the bass), according to the reviewer it can get pretty thick with some songs
  • 2K seems more centred to enthusiasts than the DNK
  • Reviewer believes it is very much worth the price (<2000 Kuai)

Got lazy and didn't bother with some of the sections, you can basically understand what's new with the 2K. 

thanks, 

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #56 of 1,320

1. Highs are much more present compared to the DNK 
  2. Lows have greater extension and are more balanced with the rest of the spectrum as most people expected
  3. Similar soundstage width wise, but larger in terms of height
  4. 2K is faster and cleaner than the DNK
  5. Vocals are more present and richer on the 2K (proly cause they toned down the bass), according to the reviewer it can get pretty thick with some songs
  6. 2K seems more centred to enthusiasts than the DNK
  7. Reviewer believes it is very much worth the price (<2000 Kuai)

Lol almost describes the h300s. Maybe with a fuller midrange a la thick vocals. Balanced bass = less punch?

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #59 of 1,320
From the Facebook page:

"Finally, we can announce the release date and price lol. Time would be 4/10 and the MSRP is $315."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back