Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
May 30, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #526 of 1,320
The DN2k is great, it is just very tip and source dependent like most IEMs. The micro detail is there, but the subbass rumble and boost people love is not. Luckily, the dn2k takes bass boost quite well and doesn't bleed it. This should be expected however, as Dunu advertises it on the package as "neutral", and for the most part it is.

I'm currently using the medium double flange that it came with, no spacer. Only had it on for a few hours, so I have many combos to go. The stock default tip didn't fit me well.

So far it is better than the KC06A in everything but bass impact, but not $200+ better. Diminishing returns. I really like it though.

Soundstage is also tip dependent.

May 30, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #527 of 1,320
  I really like my KC06, I would just prefer abit more bass impact and sub bass rumble. If the bass on dn2k is anemic then its a put off for me. Damn I will need to find a way to audition both dn1k and dn2k. In the end its how they sound to you thats what matters.

My perfect IEM would be KC06 mids, maybe alil more treble extention. Accurate and fast bass. Good imaging and separation. Decent enough soundstage. Clarity clarity and clarity and transparency. Is there any iem of this calibre out there? I am sure there is but I probably cant afford it.

You would love the KC06A then. More bass, KC06 mids, and a little more treble extension (with slight peaks depending on tips used).

May 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #528 of 1,320
I think KCO6 mids are much worser than ATH-IM50/IM70 mids. These Audio-Technica have much better mids, however KC06 are very bright&crisp and ATH-IM50/70 are a little darker, however more natural to me as well.

May 30, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #529 of 1,320

You would love the KC06A then. More bass, KC06 mids, and a little more treble extension (with slight peaks depending on tips used).

I will definitely buy the KC06A once penon gets their next batch. But I still want to satisfy my crave for iems for a good splash of around $300-$400 and not more because I'm going for a better quality dap like fiio x5 or dx90. Options that fits my budgets are DN2K,T-PEOS H300, FX850, ATH IM70/02, and ATH CKR 9.
  I think KCO6 mids are much worser than ATH-IM50/IM70 mids. These Audio-Technica have much better mids, however KC06 are very bright&crisp and ATH-IM50/70 are a little darker, however more natural to me as well.

Really? I have always thought the Ath IM50/70 are very bass emphasized type iem. I'd like clarity and airy vocals which I think IM02 fits better.

May 30, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #530 of 1,320
They are of course a bit bass emphasized but vocals sound very natural on them. For me personally on KC06 vocals sound unnatural due to extra crispness, even almost synthetic. While on ATH-im50/70 vocals sound like a real human voice.

May 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #531 of 1,320
Hi all
The Dn2K showed up today and after 3 hours with an X3 3.0fw and LOTS of combos the foam tip and the blue rings give me soundstage bass and mids that I was looking for in a IEM. The difference that the tips and spacers make are startling if you can't find something you like in their sound you don't want to.
Good hunting and enjoy

May 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #532 of 1,320
I got my DN-2000 in today as well (finally!).  I still have my DN-1000 and will compare them after I get home from work and letting the 2000's break in a few hours.  Hope to have some initial impressions by the end of the weekend.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 30, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #533 of 1,320
Hey guys,
From what I've readso far I think these are the IEMs I was looking for, because beautiful Mids are so important for me. I am so intrigued, I am going to order them in the next few days.
As I read, one have to try a lot of tips, so maybe even more than included in the package. Therefore I wanted to ask you which tips do fit the DUNU DN-2000? e.g. Heir Audio, Sony Hybrids, and what are your favourite tips with the DN-2000?

can't wait to read your recommendations.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 31, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #534 of 1,320
  Hey guys,
From what I've readso far I think these are the IEMs I was looking for, because beautiful Mids are so important for me. I am so intrigued, I am going to order them in the next few days.
As I read, one have to try a lot of tips, so maybe even more than included in the package. Therefore I wanted to ask you which tips do fit the DUNU DN-2000? e.g. Heir Audio, Sony Hybrids, and what are your favourite tips with the DN-2000?

can't wait to read your recommendations.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dunu's nozzle is pretty much standard sized these days, my favorite is as large-bored as possible (UE/MEElec silicone tips), and either silver rings, or no rings

May 31, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #535 of 1,320
Hi all
The Dn2K showed up today and after 3 hours with an X3 3.0fw and LOTS of combos the foam tip and the blue rings give me soundstage bass and mids that I was looking for in a IEM. The difference that the tips and spacers make are startling if you can't find something you like in their sound you don't want to.
Good hunting and enjoy

Totally agree with this.

I've never come across an IEM that can alter with the ring adjustment system for better or worse more than DN -2000. I've had it occur with some higher end hybrids like RDB Mini and original 1plus2 being tip dependant to some extent, but since I sat down and made tip/ring adjustments I'm eating my own words from a few pages back.

May 31, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #536 of 1,320
Totally agree with this.

I've never come across an IEM that can alter with the ring adjustment system for better or worse more than DN -2000. I've had it occur with some higher end hybrids like RDB Mini and original 1plus2 being tip dependant to some extent, but since I sat down and made tip/ring adjustments I'm eating my own words from a few pages back.

wink.gif

Exactly what happened to me with DNk mate, took me forever to find the perfect rings/tips combination, I've learned my lesson and with DN2k I went straight to the same combination, and the rest as they say, is history...
wink_face.gif

In fact, I tried all the included tips with DN2k and did not like them all, I had to use the largest bore tips (UE/MEELec silicone) and silver rings to give me the absolute inch perfect sound 
wink_face.gif

Uncle H20 is fully on board now...

beerchug.gif

May 31, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #537 of 1,320

wink.gif

Exactly what happened to me with DNk mate, took me forever to find the perfect rings/tips combination, I've learned my lesson and with DN2k I went straight to the same combination, and the rest as they say, is history...
wink_face.gif

In fact, I tried all the included tips with DN2k and did not like them all, I had to use the largest bore tips (UE/MEELec silicone) and silver rings to give me the absolute inch perfect sound 
wink_face.gif

Uncle H20 is fully on board now...

beerchug.gif

Thing is I'm using the same spacers (red) but  DN-1000 turbine tips don't give me the same sound. I must use different tips on DN-2000 (well from what I tried)

I would of thought the same combo I use on DN-1000 I'd be ready to go, though not at all.

Swapping the tips over on each IEM makes them both sound not to my tastes.

May 31, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #538 of 1,320
Welcome aboard uncle H20! I knew it wouldn't take long before you discover how good they are... Just wasn't sure if the bass was enough quantity wise for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back