DUNU 17TH ANNIVERSARY IEM
Dec 16, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #31 of 75
Just received Set No 456. I wasn't sure what to expect but upon first listen I'm seriously impressed. Very similar to the 4001's but with less sparkle. It's got the same extended musical bass, rich midrange but with just enough top end to present the details without being obtrusive. Like others, Kuan Yu (Kevin) supported me through the sale and he's been amazing.

Dec 27, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #32 of 75
And I finally got my set (459). Really enjoying them so far.

Dec 27, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #33 of 75
Lucky you :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Would love to compare them to my HA-FDX1 !

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #35 of 75
A19A67C3-80B8-4D4E-A25F-79E23F6C9DCF.jpeg

More to come after work : )

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #38 of 75
Wow you got a low production number! That's pretty cool. I love these things too. Eager to hear what you think.

Right?? #058 sounds nice to me!

So for reference, my setup for listening with IEMs is currently:

Lossless audio files -> Cayin N6ii (or iphone with stock dongle and Neutron app).

My initial impressions (I think they echo yours but I’m not sure) - it’s really nice.

In a sentence or two: with the DK-4001, you get crazy details and resolution. It’s involving. I really enjoy it as you probably read before.

Then comes the 17th anniversary IEM. To me, the 17th anniversary is pretty different. And different in what its purpose is, maybe. To me at least. It’s more laid back - and in a good way. Oh, and man...beautiful vocals. Like liquid smooth.

I have more thoughts on this IEM and will post them tomorrow, I think, once I get some more listening in.

Any songs or album recommendations to try the 17th with? (I’m open to most genres, etc.)

I will write a more detailed kind of review (and comparison to the DK-4001 and DN-2002) in a day or so. As a side note, I’d love to see the specs and frequency response for the 17th anniversary edition too, as that always adds to the story, but I don’t know if they’re available or published anywhere.

edit: I almost forgot to mention I also ordered the Dunu Hulk cable (it came the same day as the 17th anniversary IEMs, so I was a bit distracted). I can’t wait to try the Hulk out on all of these IEMs, but I suspect it’ll be nice with the DK-4001, maybe. I’ll make another post about that cable once I do this review for the 17th : ). Anyways, apologies for the rambling.

TL;DR: I love it so far. It’s a different and gorgeous sounding IEM.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #39 of 75
51vAfDBAeZL._SL1500_.jpg

image-4_262x262s.jpg

51Vrqj69IhL._SL1500_.jpg

A wee bit oriented as genre, but hey, you asked ^^

These three are a treat to the senses, the mixes are fantastic.

Some of the music I love with DK4001 and JVC HA-FDX1.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #42 of 75
I think gorgeous is a great description of them. The midrange is exactly as you said, liquid and smooth. That being said these still have that Dunu bass response that brings the fun to music. What’s different is the smoothness of the highs. For me it’s perfect.

Pretty much everything I’ve thrown at it has sounded amazing.

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #44 of 75
So what's the verdict? Other owners want to be reassured that they're hearing the same things as others! :ksc75smile:

Ah thank you for reminding me! I dropped the ball yesterday but I did write some notes down which I hope to post today after work.

As a side note, I feel a bit silly, but I actually didn’t realize this was a model with ‘only’ one driver - until the second day I had the IEM and looked back at the website to double check. (I had initially just assumed it was similar to the other multi driver IEMs Dunu has). Surprising! I digress. I guess the point was that it is also somewhat reminiscent of the ortofon e-q5, one of my favorites (but as if it was the ‘higher end’ version of that with more details, extension, and tuning.). I need to listen to both again later today.

Anyways- apologies, and more later today ; )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back