Dumb question for iTunes users...
Dec 17, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 9
www.allofmp3.com is your friend
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 9
That's correct, iTunes Music Store only offers 128 kbps AAC music files with DRM. There was once a rumor that they would offer 192 kbps AAC or Apple Lossless, but nothing ever came of that. If you're looking for higher quality files, Buy the music on a CD and rip it yourself. I buy individual "throwaway" songs off iTMS, but if it's an album I like, I buy the actual CD, rip it at (at least) 192 AAC, and kepe the original CD on a shelf (usually- sometimes it ends up in the car).

Hope this helps.

Dec 17, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 9
Just to clarify, if you're talking about the iTunes music store, then yes AAC is all they offer. If you are just talking about USING iTunes, then you have other options for file types (AAC, MP3, WAV, etc.)

Dec 17, 2004 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 9
"allofmp3.com

lol, I don't know how you can spend almost $100 there in less than a year even when downloading 320 aac since it's so cheap, but I seem to have accomplished this

perhaps the 1000+ songs I downloaded are to blame?

seriously, it's like $1-1.50 at 320 aac (how much better do you really need - especially when it saves you so much compared to getting a physical cd)

but wait, they have lossless in every form and everything else too!"

Dec 17, 2004 at 11:18 AM Post #9 of 9
allofmp3.com don't have much that I want. They are great value and I have spent a whole $5 there but I would rather buy CD's and use iTunes to encode my CD's to AAC files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back