Dubstep budget headphones for 14yr old.
Jun 21, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:
A mom who cares enough to join a forum just so she can get advice from pros, all to make sure her son gets the best she can afford.  He may never know it, but that's a better present than whatever cans you'll get him.

So agree with this.

Anyway, Panasonic HTF-600s sound really great and are really cheap to boot.

Jun 21, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:
A mom who cares enough to join a forum just so she can get advice from pros, all to make sure her son gets the best she can afford.  He may never know it, but that's a better present than whatever cans you'll get him.

+1

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #18 of 26
Xander - earbuds are more likely to damage your hearing at the same volume as the sounds are directed directly into the ear.
With him being only 14 I kinda wanna do anything I can to help him not hurt his hearing.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #19 of 26
Xander - earbuds are more likely to damage your hearing at the same volume as the sounds are directed directly into the ear.
With him being only 14 I kinda wanna do anything I can to help him not hurt his hearing.

This is only a half truth. Conventional ear buds are more dangerous to hearing. Do more research on in-ear monitoring. Because these isolate far more ambient sound than full-sized headphones, they're actually safer for his ears because he will be able to reach a good listening volume at a lower output level.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #20 of 26
Uhhhh, earbuds can damage hearing but iems wont.... Theyre obviously not going to be at the same output volume. Do you mean perceived volume? Iems are actually less lilely to damage hearing if you can find a pair that seals well because it will block out more noise and your son wont need to turn the volume up as high... If your son decides to blast his musoc either way then the damage will be similar....

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
This is only a half truth. Conventional ear buds are more dangerous to hearing. Do more research on in-ear monitoring. Because these isolate far more ambient sound than full-sized headphones, they're actually safer for his ears because he will be able to reach a good listening volume at a lower output level.

This.

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #24 of 26
Wow you guys were right!
We spent hours today listening to music (mainly dubstep) on his new headphones!

They're better than my speakers.

I now want to upgrade my speakers - so suggestions for speakers that are as good as those headphones please- I don't really want to spend £££.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #26 of 26
Just grab you a set of open headphones....you may enjoy them more than speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back