Dubstep Anyone?
Oct 16, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #46 of 59
This is a nice thread. I already had both Distance albums as well as some Skream, Kode9, Burial, Benga and Milanese, so it's nice to get recommendations.

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #47 of 59
Anyone have any DJ set recs?

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #49 of 59
Time for a thread revival!!!1

Anyone else enjoy the grimey side of dubstep?

I'm talking bands like;
Subscape
Datsik
Cookie Monsta
Vaski
Emalkay
Sukh Knight
Excision

Theres others I just cant think of them off the top of my head...

And for good measure I'll add a clip of my favorite track ATM
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Dec 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #51 of 59
What are some good dubstep stuff to start with? I want to hear more good examples.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #52 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDuel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are some good dubstep stuff to start with? I want to hear more good examples.
smily_headphones1.gif

Get Benga's - diary of an afro warrior, great listen or try some Burial, Distance, Skream and 2562.

I've been listening to Reso and he's da man! I'm looking forward for his latest release to drop - Temjin EP.

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been listening to Reso and he's da man! I'm looking forward for his latest release to drop - Temjin EP.

Damn dude, that is good!

--

For a Dubstep starter, I'll suggest London Zoo by Bug - insanely catchy.

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #58 of 59

Quote:

Get Benga's - diary of an afro warrior, great listen or try some Burial, Distance, Skream and 2562.

I'll second the Benga as a start!  Exactly where I started... Saw the video for 'Night' on Pete Tong's (!!) video podcast and ran out and got 'Diary' as soon as I could. On the cover of that album was a sticker mentioning Burial's 1st album... Amazing, to say the least. 

Found the Vex'd remix of Distance's 'Fallen' on the 2OO compilation - madness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back