Dual Supply Single Switch
Aug 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #17 of 21
Single supply with virtual ground? 

Makes single switches reallllly easy. 

Just cause objectivists are funny: its a good enough reason to use a virtual ground for me...

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
Single supply with virtual ground? 

Makes single switches reallllly easy. 

Just cause objectivists are funny: its a good enough reason to use a virtual ground for me...

It had a virtual ground using a TLE2426, which was limiting the current supply to the opamp. I guess I could switch to a BUF634, but I could care less about objectivism, etc. I just want to get some more current through the amp.

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:
Id lean towards a buffered rail splitter or something like it myself. 

Any particular reason?
I was leaning away from it because I learned on my last build how much heat sinking the BUF634 really needs to put out much current.
Using the dual supply from the two batteries seemed sensible, what am I missing?

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:
Id lean towards a buffered rail splitter or something like it myself. 

I tend to trust your advice, so I'm now thinking of building my cmoy with a switch like I mentioned, but since it's DPDT, I'll have it switch to dual supply on one side and buffered with an opamp on the other side, that way I can see what (if any) the differences are, acoustically. Regarding the buffer, would you recommend an opamp or an open loop buffer? I have one Buf634 and tons of opamps of varying quality. Also, what about  just a transistor buffered design? What do you recommend in the way of buffered rail splitters? You generally know best, so I want to go with waht you recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back