Dual soundcards
Sep 26, 2005 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pcolbeck

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I have a PC with an origional Soundblaster Audigy in it. I was thinking adding an E-MU 0404 for music playback and leaveing the Audigy in for games.
Would it be possible to setup XP so that Cubase and a CD /MP3 player app run through the 0404 and everything else runs through the Audigy. I would need this to be set and forget if possible as the PC is also used by my wife and kid who won't want to be fiddling with sound card settings all the time. The Audigy would be connected to some Camridge Audio computer speakers whereas I would want teh 0404 to be connected to a HiFi AMP for use with my Senn 600s to listen to music, for playing with Cubase and the like and for ripping LPs.

Alternately I wouldngt mind connecting everything through the 0404 since I we don't use the PC for games much (apert from MS Flight sim 2004) but I really need a way to switch easily between headphones and computer speakers without always going round the back of the PC and swapping whats connected to the line out.

Thanks

Pat

Sep 28, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 4
I have it like that for me except I use an Audigy 2ZS. Just installed the Audigy first. Then plug in the EMU card and install the driver for that. Set the Audigy as your primary sound card and set up whatever programs u want to use with the EMU separately in the options menu of that program. PM me if you need more help.

-Alex-

Sep 28, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 4
I've got a Live 24 and a Rev 5.1, works great
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back