Dual-entry 3.5mm mono cables (for Focal) with boom mic like Audeze LCD-GX?
Aug 8, 2021 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mightygrey

Headphoneus Supremus
Aside from the detachable cable with the boom mic that's sold with the LCD-GX, there's nothing particularly 'gamer-y' about the LCD-GX. In fact, you can take the cable and put it on any other LCD or ZMF headphone (or any headphone with mini-XLR cables, really) and you have a game-ready pair of headphones.

There are plenty of single-entry, single-ended boom mic cables (like the one you can get with the Drop Panda), but as far as I know there are no dual-entry cables terminated in 3.5mm mono at the cups that also feature a boom mic. I think that Focal headphones - like my Clear and Radiance - are absolutely terrific for gaming, but there's no way of integrating a mic neatly into the cable system.

Has anyone come across a 3.5mm mono equivalent of the LCD-GX boom mic?

1628474656874.png

Aug 16, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Adapters? E.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174510119303 (AffinityAdapters Audeze LCD Series Cable to Focal Celestee, Radiance Reference Headphone Adapter).
They look like a super neat solution, if I already owned an LCD-GX cable - the combined cost does make it a little bit too exxy. Although, seeing as nothing else exists it might be my best bet.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back