Dual amping?!
Apr 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

iceman600

100+ Head-Fier
I know this sounds crazy 
atsmile.gif
 But is it possible to use two amps? Like for example i have a Fiio E12, problem is im not happy with the bass performance. Im considering adding a Digizoid ZO2. Is that possible? Or is that sound stupid?

Apr 14, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 10
It works, but just as manbear said, not ideal.

Apr 14, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #4 of 10
You end up with a lot more distortion, and chances are you'll end up clipping the input of the second amp.

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #5 of 10
  I know this sounds crazy 
atsmile.gif
 But is it possible to use two amps? Like for example I have a FiiO E12, problem is I'm not happy with the bass performance. I'm considering adding a Digizoid ZO2. Is that possible? Or is that sound stupid?

Better to just use one good amplifier.
What sources are you plugging the amplifier into?
What headphones are you using?

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #6 of 10
Thanks guys for commenting... 

Better to just use one good amplifier.
What sources are you plugging the amplifier into?
What headphones are you using?

Currently im using an iPod classic with Fiio E12 with DT700 if i want to pack small i used my MDR-xb90ex. Love listening with thumping bass and i find the E12 not satisfying.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #10 of 10
My ZO2 just got here and i connect it to my Fiio E12. Got my DT770 and fire up a music. W-O-W my brain shook!!! I got dizzy after listening for about 30 mins of bass music. 
Im skeptical about what the sound would be but im surprised about what im hearing. I really felt the base up to my chest. I can also feel the cans vibrating in my head :wink: I dont know if i can listen like this in longer hours coz it gives me a headache after awhile :wink: Ill give it a few weeks and if it does ill sell my ZO2...  anyone up for it? 
BTW as you can see both amps are charging and i dont hear any noise/distortion while listening to a music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back