DTX800 vs AH-D1000's ?
May 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Millsie

New Head-Fier
Hey there.. I've been wondering about how the Denon AH-D1000's sound.
I currently have Beyerdynamic DTX800s which I have owned for about half a year now.

There's something rattling around in the left speaker cup so I'm about to send it back annd maaaybe get try and get a refund... and then pick up some D1000's because tbh the bass in these DTX800's just isn't that great.. And I listen to very bassy songs.

So, Which ones better?

Thanks

ps.. I listen to rap, RnB and all that sort of stuff.

May 24, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 5
I do not have any experience with the DTX800 but I do with the DTX900 and the SQ of the D1001 is better in every way there is, I believe the DTX900 was the worst price vs. performance I ever purchased and the Denon was the exact opposite, it's one of the best. Burn-in with music for about three days before the SQ is fleshed out and I think you'll be very happy. Happy Listening.
atsmile.gif

May 25, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 5
Sounds like its ******* sorted then... I'll ask for a refund/replacement and try and get some D1000's
'cause I think they could be nice... What do people usually listen to when using the D1000s?

Because I usually play a lot of games as well...

I had a look at the D2000s god they look good but how much "better" are they then
the D1000s?

May 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #4 of 5
It seems FWIR that likes and dislikes of the D2000's vary widely, I've never had an occasion to try the D2000's. But the soundstage is supposed to be quite a bit deeper and wider which would be great for gaming. The bass in the D2000's is deeper but supposedly not as well controlled as the D1001. The D1001 has a medium sized width and depth for it's soundstage, not to bad for a closed headphone, not as good as my other closed can that I can compare it to would be the JVC RX-700 which has a much larger soundstage but it is also a much larger closed can also. All I know is that the D1001's don't do much of anything wrong any frequency range and the sound great with any genre of music, they also sound great out of a portable device just using 128kps sampling up to dedicated SS headphone amplifier. Hope this info. helps you out. Happy Listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 5
Stunning! Yes it helped out loads! Now I just have to buy the bloody things!!

You talk about a SS Headphone amplifier.. (I'm not really a audiophile) How much would one of these set me back?

Also, what kind of SS amp would you suggest? (or any bang-for-buck amp would you suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back