DtS 880's
Feb 21, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by user1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$349.00
TTVJ Value Rating:
TTVJ Value Rating

Thats TOO much, whats the difference between those ones and the 200.00 ones off ebay?

In b4 150.00 dollar difference, aside from that, not a damn thing.

The actual price at TTVJ is $280(-$10) according to what pez posted. You have to have Todd send the real price to you.

You might also want to get Todds price for the older version which I own, they sound very nice.
880smile-1.png

As mentioned earlier, the DT-880 is fairly inefficient and needs a decent amp, even more so than the Senn HD 650 imo.

Feb 21, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #18 of 26
they still sound good even without an amp. i have had the 2003 version of the dt. i don't know the dts but the dt works well even from an ipod to sound very nice. with a good amp (i am a heed amp owner - was sorry before i became a portable runner) it will suddenly have bass and the soundstage will gain the y coordinate not just x and z. they are phenomenal phones that have heaps of first-time user bang for buck but they are great down the road as well. modular design means that if you break something, you can fix it quickly rather than replacing the entire phone.

Feb 21, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #20 of 26
YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF AUDIOPHILES AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELFS!

jkjk, thanks all, gonna nab up some 880's and Corda 2Move. You have to start somewhere right?

Cheers all

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaiden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wouldn't get them for 128-192kbps mp3, flac/loseless or better.

i encode my cd's that i have and my other... stuff... "cough cough" 320, gonna have to re- encode my cd collection, which isn't that big...

Loseless or .ogg?

Flac maybe?

Feb 21, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

jkjk, thanks all, gonna nab up some 880's and Corda 2Move. You have to start somewhere right?

Cheers all

That's a pretty good start I say! When I first joined here, the 2003 DT-880 was my first purchase...after using the AKG K240M for a long time.

...then I bought a tube amp for them and it was heaven.
cool.gif

Be sure to post your impressions after you get some quality time with them.

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...then I bought a tube amp for them and it was heaven.
cool.gif

Linky please, might get the one that you have/ had... If the price is right, if you know what i mean.

Cheers

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Linky please, might get the one that you have/ had... If the price is right, if you know what i mean.

Cheers

There are several popular budget tube amps to choose from but mine is a Woo Audio 3.

link to Woo Audio

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

I'm not a DiY kinda guy so thats out of the question. I am assuming i can hook that amp up to my comp, or am i crazy? Is there any retailer i can order these from online, i don't like ebay/ pay pal related services.

That's the advantage to improve your source at the same time when using 2MOVE, just a USB cable plug-and-play then you can have a total new experience what you never heard from the Audigy.

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The actual price at TTVJ is $280(-$10) according to what pez posted. You have to have Todd send the real price to you.

You might also want to get Todds price for the older version which I own, they sound very nice.
880smile-1.png

As mentioned earlier, the DT-880 is fairly inefficient and needs a decent amp, even more so than the Senn HD 650 imo.

Yeah, that's what i was saying about the price...there's a button under it that says "Send me the TTVJ price."

Quote:

Cheers all

i encode my cd's that i have and my other... stuff... "cough cough" 320, gonna have to re- encode my cd collection, which isn't that big...

Loseless or .ogg?

Flac maybe?

what...?

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Cheers

You can also purchase the Little Dot MKIII, it's a VERY GOOD tube amp for the DT880s. The price is $245 with the shipping included. (5 days to ship to Canada, and their service is excellent !!)

This amp is also coming with the cable that you'd need to plug the amp into your sound card.

Little Dot MK III Headphone Tube Amplifier/Pre-Amp - (eBay.ca item 200201714523 end time 27-Feb-08 15:07:46 EST)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back